unlock xo 1.5

Tim Moody
I installed 32016r1.zd on an xo 1.5 (SHC049002BA).

I sent the s/n and uuid from /home/.devkey.html to Adam and got back a develop.sig that looks OK.

I copied that file to /security on a usb and booted.

I also tried copying the file to /security on the xo.

The xo is still locked.  What am I doing wrong?

Re: unlock xo 1.5

Kevin Gordon Gmail
Maybe go back to an older version first to install the devkey? Once the firmware shows unlocked, it should persist.

Kg

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 01:37:16PM -0400, Tim Moody wrote:
> I installed 32016r1.zd on an xo 1.5 (SHC049002BA).
>
> I sent the s/n and uuid from /home/.devkey.html to Adam and got back
> a develop.sig that looks OK.

I gave the serial number and UUID you gave to our server and it said
the key will be ready in 14 hours and 36 minutes.

https://activation.laptop.org/devkey/post/
https://activation.laptop.org/devkey/Yqg4mYk-/status/

It seems unlikely that Adam gave you a correct develop.sig file.

Re: unlock xo 1.5

Adam Holt-2
On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 6:06 PM, James Cameron <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 01:37:16PM -0400, Tim Moody wrote:
> I installed 32016r1.zd on an xo 1.5 (SHC049002BA).
>
> I sent the s/n and uuid from /home/.devkey.html to Adam and got back
> a develop.sig that looks OK.

I gave the serial number and UUID you gave to our server and it said
the key will be ready in 14 hours and 36 minutes.

https://activation.laptop.org/devkey/post/
https://activation.laptop.org/devkey/Yqg4mYk-/status/

It seems unlikely that Adam gave you a correct develop.sig file.

Turns out both develop.sig's were correct, but instructions below must be followed obessively/carefully :)

   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Collection_stick#Developer_keys

Thanks all who've refined these instructions over the years!

--
Unsung Heroes of OLPC, interviewed live @ http://unleashkids.org