"Keep" Function in Moon Activity

Mohammed Irshan
Hi all,

I'm currently testing Moon Activity in OLPC, I need to know the function of "keep" in Moon activity?
What is the expected result of "keep" function when we click on "keep"?

Environment

OS: Sugar and GNOME (Dual boot)
Machine Type: XO 1.5
Build: OS 115
Firmware: Q3A35

-Thank you-

Re: "Keep" Function in Moon Activity

Luke Faraone
Administrator
On Tuesday, September 7, 2010, Mohammed Irshan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm currently testing Moon Activity in OLPC, I need to know the function of "keep" in Moon activity?
> What is the expected result of "keep" function when we click on "keep"?

Like all the other Sugar activities, it should save the current
activity state to a new Journal entry.

--
Luke Faraone
http://luke.faraone.cc

Re: "Keep" Function in Moon Activity

Gary Martin-2
Hi Mohammed,

On 7 Sep 2010, at 10:46, Mohammed Irshan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently testing Moon Activity in OLPC, I need to know the function of "keep" in Moon activity?
> What is the expected result of "keep" function when we click on "keep"?

Moon currently has very minimal state, it just remembers how you set the toolbar modes (longitude/latitude grid on/off, and northern vs. southern hemisphere viewing location). Pressing Keep in any activity creates a new version of the current activity state in the Journal. I intend future versions of Moon to have more interesting and detailed states.

For what it's worth, I don't like the Keep feature, but it is a standard feature in Sugar at the moment for all activities. It causes much confusion and mis-understanding. It was an attempt at allowing versioning (e.g. Write a essay, click Keep, edit the essay again, click Keep, make more edits, click Keep, etc) so you could go back in the Journal to an earlier work, if you didn't like your changes, or perhaps review how some work you created has changed over time.

Regards,
--Gary