question about -- Re: What Sugar documentation do deployments need?

question about -- Re: What Sugar documentation do deployments need?

jbalcomb
I’m not clear on this.  Do you want input from deployments about what
would be helpful only regarding Sugar documentation or also regarding
documentation about using the XO and XO activities in general?   And,
would you like input from a project that isn’t an official OLPC-supported
deployment? We use G1G1 XO-1 laptops in Lesotho.

Is the April 2012 Sprint in Boston/Cambridge open to anyone? I did a
search on the OLPC Wiki but didn't get any hits.  If it is open, where can
I find more information?

Thanks,
Janissa

Janissa Balcomb
Laptops to Lesotho Inc.

Re: question about -- Re: What Sugar documentation do deployments need?

Adam Holt-2
On 1/28/2012 3:39 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
I’m not clear on this.  Do you want input from deployments about what
would be helpful only regarding Sugar documentation or also regarding
documentation about using the XO and XO activities in general?   And,
would you like input from a project that isn’t an official OLPC-supported
deployment? We use G1G1 XO-1 laptops in Lesotho.

Is the April 2012 Sprint in Boston/Cambridge open to anyone? I did a
search on the OLPC Wiki but didn't get any hits.  If it is open, where can
I find more information?

Thanks,
Janissa

Janissa Balcomb
Laptops to Lesotho Inc.

Janissa,

Doc sprint will be Apr 6-10 in Boston, and most certainly open to all who
show they're active/talented contributors, over that wkd's Passover/Easter
tradition!  As your blog and links make clear:

    http://olpc2010-lesotho.blogspot.com
    http://olpcMAP.net?id=793001
    http://olpcMAP.net?id=747002

Beyond core book topics (eg. popular Sugar Activities and XO-1, XO-1.5,
XO-1.75 hardware etc) most of us would be thrilled to see tight chapters on
Gnome, Learning Realities, Deployment(**), School Server/XS, Community
Leadership, XO-3 dreams etc -- if a suitably talented volunteer author
emerges, to take charge of any such chapter?

Event summary coming together on wiki here, don't hesitate to add your
suggestions & achievable desires:

    http://j.mp/xomanual

(**) Not that we're trying to duplicate other great/emerging Deployment docs!

    http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Deployment_Guide
    http://wiki.laptop.org/go/ClassActs/Resources
    http://wiki.laptop.org/go/ALEARN_Network

PS Tom Clancy fans ("Collaboration on a book is the ultimate unnatural act")
please see how this has worked in the past :)

    http://booki.flossmanuals.net/a-webpage-is-a-book/what-is-a-book-sprint/
    http://www.booksprints.net/book-sprint-methodology/

--
Help kids everywhere map their world, at http://olpcMAP.net