olpc-redhat-stream-development-devel_ext3.img version info.

olpc-redhat-stream-development-devel_ext3.img version info.

C.W. Holeman II
I have :

  olpc-redhat-stream-development-devel_ext3.img

which I am running with qemu. How do I ask it what version it is?

--
C.W.Holeman II | cwhii_cplo at JulianLocals.com  | http://JulianLocals.com/cwhii
 To only a fraction of the  human  race does God  give the  privilege of
 passion. I am very thankful. The Mythical Man-Month Epilogue/F.P.Brooks

olpc-redhat-stream-development-devel_ext3.img version info.

James Cameron-2
On Sun, Aug 05, 2007 at 06:08:05AM -0800, C.W. Holeman II wrote:
> I have :
>   olpc-redhat-stream-development-devel_ext3.img
> which I am running with qemu. How do I ask it what version it is?

Mount this filesystem, then read the file /boot/olpc_build

This problem was probably contributed to by your downloading of the file
using a name that didn't have a version number.  The build output tree
has files with version numbers as well, and they give you the same data.
So once you identify the build, you could rename the file.

I don't know if there is a need for unversioned image files, but it is
probably too much trouble to argue this point.

The build output tree also now uses "osN.img" and "osN.crc" naming, for
the JFFS2 images, where N is the build number.

James Cameron    mailto:quozl at us.netrek.org     http://quozl.netrek.org/

olpc-redhat-stream-development-devel_ext3.img version info.

Dan Williams-4
On Mon, 2007-08-06 at 08:51 +1000, James Cameron wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 05, 2007 at 06:08:05AM -0800, C.W. Holeman II wrote:
> > I have :
> >   olpc-redhat-stream-development-devel_ext3.img
> > which I am running with qemu. How do I ask it what version it is?
>
> Mount this filesystem, then read the file /boot/olpc_build
>
> This problem was probably contributed to by your downloading of the file
> using a name that didn't have a version number.  The build output tree
> has files with version numbers as well, and they give you the same data.
> So once you identify the build, you could rename the file.
>
> I don't know if there is a need for unversioned image files, but it is
> probably too much trouble to argue this point.

This was done to allow a "latest" link that always grabbed the latest
version, which is easiest done with a stable filename.

Dan