installation sugar Ubuntu trouble

Γιάννης Δαγκουλής
Hello my name is Giannis Dagoulis.
I have tried to install sugar in ubuntu 6.06 by following the
instructions given here *http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Sugar_on_Ubuntu_Linux*
.Unfortunately i got the following error after I had run the following
command

./sugar-jhbuild

which builds the sugar infrastructure.

*checking whether we have a gtk 2 gecko build... configure: error: This
program needs a gtk 2 gecko build
*** error during stage configure of gecko-embed: Error running
./autogen.sh --prefix /home/giannis/sugar-jhbuild/build --disable-static
--disable-gtk-doc *** [7/13]
*
What should I do to install the gtk 2 gecko build?
Thank you in advance.

installation sugar Ubuntu trouble

Marco Pesenti Gritti
??????? ????????? wrote:

> Hello my name is Giannis Dagoulis.
> I have tried to install sugar in ubuntu 6.06 by following the
> instructions given here *http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Sugar_on_Ubuntu_Linux*
> .Unfortunately i got the following error after I had run the following
> command
>
> ./sugar-jhbuild
>
> which builds the sugar infrastructure.
>

> *checking whether we have a gtk 2 gecko build... configure: error: This
> program needs a gtk 2 gecko build
> *** error during stage configure of gecko-embed: Error running
> ./autogen.sh --prefix /home/giannis/sugar-jhbuild/build --disable-static
> --disable-gtk-doc *** [7/13]
> *
> What should I do to install the gtk 2 gecko build?
> Thank you in advance.

Hi,

please send me (out of list)

/home/giannis/sugar-jhbuild/source/gecko-embed/config.log

That way I can see what is going on...

Marco