icons

Erik Blankinship
I would like my app to have an icon in sugar.  My app completed the
make install command successfully.

Where do I put myappicon.svg (which has the proper formatting), as
specified here:
http://mailman.laptop.org/pipermail/sugar/2006-August/000237.html

I have added 'icon = myappicon' and have 'show_launcher = yes' in my
myapp.activity file.

I have tried putting the file in the build directory of myapp, and
have also tried dropping it into
/source/artwork/art/icon-theme/scalable/activities.  Neither of these
work for me.

Also, how can I launch my app from within Sugar on the command line?

Re: icons

Erik Blankinship
Ok, I put my icon into /build/share/icons/olpc/scalable/
..and then my app appeared in sugar!  Cool.

Is this the recommended way to get my app's icon to show up?

And, can I launch my app from the sugar command line?

On 9/1/06, Erik Blankinship <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would like my app to have an icon in sugar.  My app completed the
> make install command successfully.
>
> Where do I put myappicon.svg (which has the proper formatting), as
> specified here:
> http://mailman.laptop.org/pipermail/sugar/2006-August/000237.html
>
> I have added 'icon = myappicon' and have 'show_launcher = yes' in my
> myapp.activity file.
>
> I have tried putting the file in the build directory of myapp, and
> have also tried dropping it into
> /source/artwork/art/icon-theme/scalable/activities.  Neither of these
> work for me.
>
> Also, how can I launch my app from within Sugar on the command line?

Re: icons

Marco Pesenti Gritti
Erik Blankinship wrote:
> Ok, I put my icon into /build/share/icons/olpc/scalable/
> ..and then my app appeared in sugar!  Cool.

Right now you can only use icons from the icon theme. That's a temporary
limitation though... It will be possible to just put it in the root
bundle directory.

What are you developing? If it's something of general use it could make
sense to add your icon to the icon theme anyway...

> Is this the recommended way to get my app's icon to show up?
>
> And, can I launch my app from the sugar command line?

Open a terminal in sugar (F6).

sugar-activity id

(use the id specified in your .activity file)

Marco

Re: icons

Dan Williams-4
On Sat, 2006-09-02 at 00:43 +0200, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:

> Erik Blankinship wrote:
> > Ok, I put my icon into /build/share/icons/olpc/scalable/
> > ..and then my app appeared in sugar!  Cool.
>
> Right now you can only use icons from the icon theme. That's a temporary
> limitation though... It will be possible to just put it in the root
> bundle directory.
>
> What are you developing? If it's something of general use it could make
> sense to add your icon to the icon theme anyway...

Soon we'll have the activity bundle stuff going and your icon can just
be inside your activity bundle directory.

dan