guaranteed gorgeous XO-1.5/Sugar intro..thx to Mike Lee's VISUALS..and you!

guaranteed gorgeous XO-1.5/Sugar intro..thx to Mike Lee's VISUALS..and you!

Adam Holt-2
Pretty stunning visual map, to gear us all up for this weekend's "bookwriting" sprint in Washington DC:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Start#Visual_Site_Map

Check out Mike Lee screenshot gallery too:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Start#Screenshot_Gallery

Thanks everybody for jumping in to DC/Virginia this weekend Mch 27/28 to quick overhaul http://laptop.org/start -- and thanks to http://OLPCnews.com for getting the world out!!

(Remote participants please now email holt @ laptop.org and curiouslee @ gmail.com so we know your favorite piece of the pie :)

 * See you in person 9am - 7pm Saturday and Sunday, in-person or online
 * Midday conf-calls (expected 12noon DC Time, both Sat & Sun) will keep everyone happy & on task
 * George Hunt and I will be arriving from NYC very late Friday night, for our early Saturday morning start!
 * All participants self-register the chunk you want to contribute, and your needs -- click "Edit" here: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Start#Attendees
 * LukeF will complement this with a LIVE-EDITABLE Table of Contents scratchpad.  Etherpad.com link to follow, All Check In Here & Prettify Hourly!
 * translations will begin in earnest Sunday PM, as pages are finalized around the English Master Copy
 * Live chat will be here: http://forum.laptop.org/chat (that's #olpc-help)
 * Don't hesitate to use our mailing list [hidden email] whenever you get complete stuck--
 * Full logistics evolving here: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Start (help us edit!)
 * Several brand new much faster XO-1.5's will be available for hands-on play and test!
    http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Hardware_specification_1.5
    http://blog.laptop.org/2010/02/25/xo-1-5-early-production-laptops-free-to-contributors-worldwide/
 * In return you will drive forward overhauling one of  XO-1 pages here: http://laptop.org/start
 * Whether or not can book the Peace Corps HQ for Saturday night's catered ballroom banquet....HAH

Ready to Jump Start this document overhaul right now?  Go to it redrafting bits of http://laptop.org/start/troubleshooting.shtml with more recent developments from http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XO_Troubleshooting_Guide in mind -- and fresh tips beow from our electrical power expert Richard Smith (who separately will be co-presenting solar options for the XO-1 and XO-1.5 Sunday April 4th if you can attend, 4PM in Boston!)

Subject: LED indicator notes. [March 16, 2010]
From: Richard A. Smith [hidden email]

Here's an update for the battery LED's..

What other pages do I need to look at?

=================
What does the battery indicator-light color mean?

- green means the laptop is plugged in and the battery is fully charged;

- yellow/orange means the laptop is plugged in and the battery is charging;

- A pattern of 4 yellow/orange flashes followed by no light means that
the battery is trickle charging.  Trickle charging means your battery
was very, low. Normal charging will start when trickle is over.

- no light when the laptop is powered on means it is running on battery
power;

- no light when the laptop is powered off means the battery is not
recharging;

- red means the battery is low; it should be recharged.

- red/yellow alternating means that the laptop battery has reached the
critical level and can shut off any instant.

- flashing red mean battery error.

===============
How long should a fully charged battery last?

With standard operation, the battery should last approximately 3–5
hours.

( This is more like 2.5 - 3 hours)

 Certain applications, such as video, may reduce overall battery
performance. Turning the backlight off saves battery power. (Future
software releases are expected to improve battery life.)

--
Richard A. Smith  [hidden email]
One Laptop per Child