goocanvas import error!

Shankar Pokharel
Gonzalo has already asked this question previously but Marco's answer
is related to jhbuild only. I was just now trying to run sugar on
Ubuntu 6.06 after I installed from the source. I got this error.

======================================
Running the installed sugar...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/sugar", line 29, in ?
    from session.Session import Session
  File "/usr/local/share/sugar/shell/session/Session.py", line 7, in ?
    from Shell import Shell
  File "/usr/local/share/sugar/shell/Shell.py", line 10, in ?
    from home.HomeWindow import HomeWindow
  File "/usr/local/share/sugar/shell/home/HomeWindow.py", line 3, in ?
    from home.MeshView import MeshView
  File "/usr/local/share/sugar/shell/home/MeshView.py", line 3, in ?
    import goocanvas
ImportError: No module named goocanvas

As I can not build from jhbuild due to my ISP's proxy problems, please
suggest me what to do?

Regards,
Shankar

goocanvas import error!

Dan Williams-4
On Wed, 2006-08-23 at 01:05 +0545, Shankar Pokharel wrote:

> Gonzalo has already asked this question previously but Marco's answer
> is related to jhbuild only. I was just now trying to run sugar on
> Ubuntu 6.06 after I installed from the source. I got this error.
>
> ======================================
> Running the installed sugar...
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/bin/sugar", line 29, in ?
>     from session.Session import Session
>   File "/usr/local/share/sugar/shell/session/Session.py", line 7, in ?
>     from Shell import Shell
>   File "/usr/local/share/sugar/shell/Shell.py", line 10, in ?
>     from home.HomeWindow import HomeWindow
>   File "/usr/local/share/sugar/shell/home/HomeWindow.py", line 3, in ?
>     from home.MeshView import MeshView
>   File "/usr/local/share/sugar/shell/home/MeshView.py", line 3, in ?
>     import goocanvas
> ImportError: No module named goocanvas
>
> As I can not build from jhbuild due to my ISP's proxy problems, please
> suggest me what to do?

You get build and install 'pygoocanvas', available here:

http://developer.berlios.de/projects/pygoocanvas/

Dan