[etoys-dev] How is the URI and prev-URI in the manifest used in showcase?

[etoys-dev] How is the URI and prev-URI in the manifest used in showcase?

Steve Thomas
I ask, because I think this may be part of the problems we have seen with showcase:

Below is a dump of the URI's for a project I did which shows the URI changing between versions which seems to happen when I save the version but am not logged into Squeakland.

$ for f in Chaos*.pr ; do echo "$f"; unzip -c "$f" manifest | tr '\r' '\n' | egrep "URI|user"; doneĀ
Chaos Game II.003.pr
user: mrsteve
Chaos Game II.004.pr
user: mrsteve
Chaos Game II.005.pr
user: mrsteve
Chaos Game II.006.pr
user: unknown
Chaos Game II.007.pr
user: unknown
Chaos Game II.008.pr
user: unknown
Chaos Game II.009.pr
user: unknown
Chaos Game II.010.pr
user: unknown
Chaos Game II.011.pr
user: unknown
Chaos Game II.012.pr
user: unknown
Chaos Game II.013.pr
user: unknown
Chaos Game II.014.pr
user: unknown
Chaos Game II.015.pr
user: mrsteve

Re: [etoys-dev] How is the URI and prev-URI in the manifest used in showcase?

Timothy Falconer-5

1) URIs with "unknown" happen only when you save a new project to your local disk without being logged in.

2) URIs with a dash-s (mrsteve-s1234) are created on the server when you upload a new project via web browser (never "unknown")

3) prev-URI is used to indicate a version history for when you change names ... ie, they should refer to separate projects in the database

4) unknown URIs are replaced with usernames (and the same number) once username is known.

I would log your detail as a bug to the effect of .... "showcase project developed "unknown" URI after the fact" or something.

Chaos Game II.006.pr

shouldn't have changed.  Make sure you indicate when this was all uploaded, because it might be a result of bugs that have since been fixed.

Thanks,
Tim

--
Timothy Falconer