demo4 branch merged

Marco Pesenti Gritti
Hi,

I merged the demo4 branch, since I'm back on feature parity with master.
The M1 work will continue on master...

Marco

demo4 branch merged

Gonzalo Odiard-2
*** error during stage build of artwork: Error running make   *** [2/11]
make[5]: *** No hay ninguna regla para construir el objetivo `activity-
groupchat.svg', necesario para `all-am'.  Alto.

I can ignore ant continue the build.

Gonzalo Odiard

On 8/19/06, Marco Pesenti Gritti <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I merged the demo4 branch, since I'm back on feature parity with master.
> The M1 work will continue on master...
>
> Marco

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

demo4 branch merged

Gonzalo Odiard-2
When finish:

[gonzalo@nautilus sugar-jhbuild]$ ./sugar-jhbuild run
Running the installed sugar...
Could not init font path element /usr/share/X11/fonts/TTF/, removing from
list!
Could not init font path element /usr/share/X11/fonts/OTF, removing from
list!
Could not init font path element /usr/share/X11/fonts/CID/, removing from
list!
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/gonzalo/EsperandoOLPC/sugar/sugar-jhbuild/build/bin/sugar",
line 33, in ?
    from session.Session import Session
  File
"/home/gonzalo/EsperandoOLPC/sugar/sugar-jhbuild/build/share/sugar/shell/session/Session.py",
line 11, in ?
    from Shell import Shell
  File
"/home/gonzalo/EsperandoOLPC/sugar/sugar-jhbuild/build/share/sugar/shell/Shell.py",
line 11, in ?
    from home.HomeWindow import HomeWindow
  File
"/home/gonzalo/EsperandoOLPC/sugar/sugar-jhbuild/build/share/sugar/shell/home/HomeWindow.py",
line 3, in ?
    from home.MeshView import MeshView
  File
"/home/gonzalo/EsperandoOLPC/sugar/sugar-jhbuild/build/share/sugar/shell/home/MeshView.py",
line 3, in ?    import goocanvas
ImportError: No module named goocanvas

I must install goocanvas from another place?
Thanks

Gonzalo

Gonzalo Odiard wrote:
> *** error during stage build of artwork: Error running make   *** [2/11]
> make[5]: *** No hay ninguna regla para construir el objetivo
> `activity-groupchat.svg', necesario para `all-am'.  Alto.
>
> I can ignore ant continue the build.

I fixed this one... Thanks for the report.

Marco

demo4 branch merged

Marco Pesenti Gritti

> ImportError: No module named goocanvas
>
> I must install goocanvas from another place?

Missing sugar-jhbuild dep, fixed, Remember to update sugar-jhbuild...
Let me know if you have more problems.

Thanks,
Marco

demo4 branch merged

Marco Pesenti Gritti
Gonzalo Odiard wrote:
> libwnck need gtk-doc (i have updated the wiki) and intltool >= 0.35.0,
> but fedora
> have intltool 0.34.2 :(

Ok, building libwnck is not strictly necessary... I fixed it so that if
you have libwnck-devel installed it will not build it but use the system
one.

Marco

demo4 branch merged

Dan Williams-4
On Sat, 2006-08-19 at 12:03 +0200, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I merged the demo4 branch, since I'm back on feature parity with master.
> The M1 work will continue on master...

Note that you likely will need to do a full sugar-jhbuild to pull in
goocanvas.  You may also need to update the GTK icon cache for the new
icons; to do that, based in the sugar-jhbuild directory:

cd build/share/icons/olpc
gtk-update-icon-cache -f .

Otherwise you may encounter a traceback trying to open the icon file.

Dan

demo4 branch merged

Gonzalo Odiard-2
Thanks!
Now i can compile all.
I have added libgnome-devel to the dependecies in the wiki too (its required
by gnome-python).
When there are changes in sugar-jhbuild, like now, what i must do? (i delete
all and start again, but may be are a better way :) )
Thanks again.

Gonzalo

Dan Williams wrote:

> On Sat, 2006-08-19 at 12:03 +0200, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I merged the demo4 branch, since I'm back on feature parity with master.
>> The M1 work will continue on master...
>>

> Note that you likely will need to do a full sugar-jhbuild to pull in
> goocanvas.  You may also need to update the GTK icon cache for the new
> icons; to do that, based in the sugar-jhbuild directory:
>
> cd build/share/icons/olpc
> gtk-update-icon-cache -f .

Hmm I didn't have to do that... Not sure how icon cache works exactly
though so not sure why this would happen...

Marco

demo4 branch merged

Marco Pesenti Gritti
Gonzalo Odiard wrote:
> Thanks!
> Now i can compile all.
> I have added libgnome-devel to the dependecies in the wiki too (its
> required by gnome-python).
> When there are changes in sugar-jhbuild, like now, what i must do? (i
> delete all and start again, but may be are a better way :) )
> Thanks again.

Usually running a full build is enough:

sugar-jhbuild build

In some cases it might be necessary to rerun autogen too:

sugar-jhbuild build -a

Marco

demo4 branch merged

Dan Williams-4
On Mon, 2006-08-21 at 10:08 +0200, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:

> Dan Williams wrote:
> > On Sat, 2006-08-19 at 12:03 +0200, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I merged the demo4 branch, since I'm back on feature parity with master.
> >> The M1 work will continue on master...
> >>

> > Note that you likely will need to do a full sugar-jhbuild to pull in
> > goocanvas.  You may also need to update the GTK icon cache for the new
> > icons; to do that, based in the sugar-jhbuild directory:
> >
> > cd build/share/icons/olpc
> > gtk-update-icon-cache -f .
> >

> Hmm I didn't have to do that... Not sure how icon cache works exactly
> though so not sure why this would happen...

GTK checks the theme's toplevel directory's mtime (ie, mtime on
$PREFIX/share/icons/olpc).  -f forces it to regen the theme index.  If
what you're installing doesn't touch the toplevel theme directory, then
GTK won't regen the cache.  At least that's my understanding from
talking to mclasen.

Dan

demo4 branch merged

Marco Pesenti Gritti
Gonzalo Odiard wrote:
> Sugar dont start if there are a application without icon.
> The problem is in sugar/canvas/IconItem.py in create_icon don't check
> for name != None.
> You want display a default icon or nothing?

I'd say to fallback to stock-missing-image, as GtkImage does.

> I want help, but have one or two hours in the nigth.
> There are this test, useful for you or not in this stage of the
> development.

Sure it is!

> There are a list of tasks for contribute in sugar?

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Sugar_milestone_1

Though these are fairly high level, and I unlikely a good way to start
contributing.
I'll try to come with smaller/easier tasks soon.

Thanks,
Marco