anyone want XOrduino or XO Stick bare boards

anyone want XOrduino or XO Stick bare boards

Paul Fox-2
doing some cleanup today, i found that i have 10 XO Stick and 14
XOrduino bare boards that i'm happy to mail to anyone that can make
use of them -- either all at once, or as few as one to a "customer".

i've used a couple of the XO Stick boards for my own projects, and i'm
setting aside a couple more for future use.  i also built up an
XOrduino, to prove it could be done (it wasn't easy -- hand-soldering
SMT parts is harder than it looks), but i'm not sure i ever even
booted it.  i'm happy to give that board to someone too.

i'm not on any of the deployment lists, or the unleashkids -- feel
free to forward this message if you think someone not on devel would
be interested.

for a reminder of what i'm talking about see:
    http://cananian.livejournal.com/66129.html
    http://cananian.livejournal.com/66654.html
    http://cananian.livejournal.com/66895.html

i have notes i made while assembling the XOrduino which i can share.
not sure i have anything similar for the XO Stick -- i recall it was
a piece of cake by comparison.

paul

Re: anyone want XOrduino or XO Stick bare boards

Paul Fox-2
paul wrote:
 > doing some cleanup today, i found that i have 10 XO Stick and 14
 > XOrduino bare boards that i'm happy to mail to anyone that can make
 > use of them -- either all at once, or as few as one to a "customer".

i should have been more clear, since someone has already asked -- i'm
not charging anything for the boards.  these circuit boards are all
surplus that was saved from the goodwill industries and the dumpster
while we were closing down the OLPC offices in somerville several
years ago.

i'll accumulate requests (if any) for a week or so, then send them out.

paul

 > i've used a couple of the XO Stick boards for my own projects, and i'm
 > setting aside a couple more for future use.  i also built up an
 > XOrduino, to prove it could be done (it wasn't easy -- hand-soldering
 > SMT parts is harder than it looks), but i'm not sure i ever even
 > booted it.  i'm happy to give that board to someone too.
 >
 > i'm not on any of the deployment lists, or the unleashkids -- feel
 > free to forward this message if you think someone not on devel would
 > be interested.
 >
 > for a reminder of what i'm talking about see:
 >     http://cananian.livejournal.com/66129.html
 >     http://cananian.livejournal.com/66654.html
 >     http://cananian.livejournal.com/66895.html
 >
 > i have notes i made while assembling the XOrduino which i can share.
 > not sure i have anything similar for the XO Stick -- i recall it was
 > a piece of cake by comparison.
 >
 > paul

Re: anyone want XOrduino or XO Stick bare boards

C. Scott Ananian-2
I have a bunch of these as well, and even a few sets of components. Like Paul, I put together another one every so often when I need a microcontroller for a project, but I'm happy to share my stash with other good homes.
  --scott