Windows

Jhon Diaz

Is there liks a old version or copy a zip or something or are all the copies are deleted

Re: Windows

John Watlington-3

> On Apr 26, 2015, at 10:09 PM, Jhon Diaz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Is there liks a old version or copy a zip or something or are all the copies are deleted

One of the reasons we didn’t like Windows is that we can’t distribute it.
Even the version for the XO-1 had to be purchased from Microsoft (including a label to
affix to the computer).

Cheers,
wad

Re: Windows

Ed McNierney-3
Yes, and due to Microsoft’s requirements it could only boot from a very specific make and model (and perhaps even production batch) of SD card.  AFAIK, the XO is still the only computer that could (legitimately) boot Windows XP from removable media.  Please don’t spend any time on this - it’s just not available.  You can search the list archive for previous fruitless efforts :-)

        - Ed