Waveplace Video Blog

Timothy Falconer-5
Hi everyone,

Quite a lot has happened at Waveplace over the last year or two, though you might not know it, given how little we blog or post videos these days.

In summary, we've brought laptops to 33 schools, most of them in Haiti.  We've trained 165 adults to become mentors.  We've created 16 weeks worth of courseware using Etoys and Sugar.

All of that is prequel, though, to what we comes next.   I often joke that Waveplace's mission is "Nice laptop, now what?"  (training)   Well, now it's become, "Nice training, now what?"   The answer is ... Assessment, Courseware, Outreach, Reflection, Network ... aka, Project Acorn.

As Project Acorn unfolds, I'll make video logs instead of written blogs, posting them in rough form to keep folks informed.

You can follow along here:  http://waveplace.org/news/

or here: http://youtube.com/waveplace

or here: http://www.facebook.com/waveplace  (please like us)

or here: http://twitter.com//waveplace  (please follow)

I'll be posting a new video every weekday, always at noon, New York time.

My hope is to use the videos as a vehicle for recording some of the experience we've accumulated in the last 4+ years, so that others may benefit.

And no, I don't like seeing myself on video or hearing myself talk.  Quite the contrary.   But it's the simplest fastest way to do this.

Take care,
Tim

Re: [IAEP] Waveplace Video Blog

Chris Leonard-3
Please contribute to the localization of the Waveplace courseware materials at:

http://translate.sugarlabs.org/projects/Waveplace/

cjl
Sugar Labs Translation Team Coordinator

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 9:32 AM, Timothy Falconer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Quite a lot has happened at Waveplace over the last year or two, though you
> might not know it, given how little we blog or post videos these days.
>
> In summary, we've brought laptops to 33 schools, most of them in Haiti.
>  We've trained 165 adults to become mentors.  We've created 16 weeks worth
> of courseware using Etoys and Sugar.
>
> All of that is prequel, though, to what we comes next.   I often joke that
> Waveplace's mission is "Nice laptop, now what?"  (training)   Well, now it's
> become, "Nice training, now what?"   The answer is ... Assessment,
> Courseware, Outreach, Reflection, Network ... aka, Project Acorn.
>
> As Project Acorn unfolds, I'll make video logs instead of written blogs,
> posting them in rough form to keep folks informed.
>

> You can follow along here:  http://waveplace.org/news/
>
> or here: http://youtube.com/waveplace
>
> or here: http://www.facebook.com/waveplace  (please like us)
>
> or here: http://twitter.com//waveplace  (please follow)
>

> I'll be posting a new video every weekday, always at noon, New York time.
>
> My hope is to use the videos as a vehicle for recording some of the
> experience we've accumulated in the last 4+ years, so that others may
> benefit.
>
> And no, I don't like seeing myself on video or hearing myself talk.  Quite
> the contrary.   But it's the simplest fastest way to do this.
>
> Take care,
> Tim

Re: Waveplace Video Blog

mokurai
On Wed, February 15, 2012 9:32 am, Timothy Falconer wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Quite a lot has happened at Waveplace over the last year or two, though
> you might not know it, given how little we blog or post videos these days.

Is it possible for any of us to make contact with your teachers and students?

> In summary, we've brought laptops to 33 schools, most of them in Haiti.

Has there been any thought of creating sister school relationships around
the world?

> We've trained 165 adults to become mentors.

Are any of them on the mailing lists? Have you showed them my page, The
Undiscoverable?

> We've created 16 weeks worth
> of courseware using Etoys and Sugar.

English, French, or Kreyól? What subjects at what levels? Links? Can we
add this material to the Replacing Textbooks site for translation to other
languages and adaptation to other countries?

> All of that is prequel, though, to what we comes next.   I often joke that
> Waveplace's mission is "Nice laptop, now what?"  (training)   Well, now
> it's become, "Nice training, now what?"   The answer is ... Assessment,
> Courseware, Outreach, Reflection, Network ... aka, Project Acorn.
>
> As Project Acorn unfolds, I'll make video logs instead of written blogs,
> posting them in rough form to keep folks informed.
>

> You can follow along here:  http://waveplace.org/news/
>
> or here: http://youtube.com/waveplace
>
> or here: http://www.facebook.com/waveplace  (please like us)
>
> or here: http://twitter.com//waveplace  (please follow)
>

> I'll be posting a new video every weekday, always at noon, New York time.
>
> My hope is to use the videos as a vehicle for recording some of the
> experience we've accumulated in the last 4+ years, so that others may
> benefit.
>
> And no, I don't like seeing myself on video or hearing myself talk.  Quite
> the contrary.   But it's the simplest fastest way to do this.
>
> Take care,
> Tim

Edward Mokurai
(&#40664;&#38647;/&#2343;&#2352;&#2381;&#2350;&#2350;&#2375;&#2328;&#2358;&#2348;&#2381;&#2342;&#2327;&#2352;&#2381;&#2332;/&#1583;&#1726;&#1585;&#1605;&#1605;&#1740;&#1711;&#1726;&#1588;&#1576;&#1583;&#1711;&#1585;
&#1580;) Cherlin