Watch "WEB: The Film" for free today

Sameer Verma
This came in via Twitter.

https://twitter.com/OLPC/status/534364032598540288

From their site:

"The 'One Laptop Per Child' project aims to give children from the
world's poorest and most isolated corners access to the Internet's
infinite world of knowledge. In the deserted Peruvian village Antuyo
live a hundred inhabitants. They live in isolation from modern society
and their way of life is unaffected by the technological developments
of the past two centuries. All this changes when a boat arrives in the
village with 14 laptops, a generator and a satellite dish. 5-year-old
Roy goes to school the next day and is for the first time introduced
to what is now to be the instrument of his learning. In 'Web', Michael
Kleiman has closely followed the project's expansion to Peru, from
Roy's first tentative keystrokes on the white keyboard and all its
teething problems. An optimistic film about the new opportunities,
communities and changes that modern technology brings with it."

cheers,
Sameer
--
Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
Professor, Information Systems

Re: [Grassroots-l] Watch "WEB: The Film" for free today

Kevin Cole-3
Wow!  Nice!

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 12:05 PM, Sameer Verma <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This came in via Twitter.
>
> https://twitter.com/OLPC/status/534364032598540288
>

> From their site:
>
> "The 'One Laptop Per Child' project aims to give children from the
> world's poorest and most isolated corners access to the Internet's
> infinite world of knowledge. In the deserted Peruvian village Antuyo
> live a hundred inhabitants. They live in isolation from modern society
> and their way of life is unaffected by the technological developments
> of the past two centuries. All this changes when a boat arrives in the
> village with 14 laptops, a generator and a satellite dish. 5-year-old
> Roy goes to school the next day and is for the first time introduced
> to what is now to be the instrument of his learning. In 'Web', Michael
> Kleiman has closely followed the project's expansion to Peru, from
> Roy's first tentative keystrokes on the white keyboard and all its
> teething problems. An optimistic film about the new opportunities,
> communities and changes that modern technology brings with it."
>

> cheers,
> Sameer
> --
> Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
> Professor, Information Systems
> San Francisco State University
> http://verma.sfsu.edu/
> http://commons.sfsu.edu/
> http://olpcsf.org/
> http://olpcjamaica.org.jm/

Physical
Kevin Cole, RHCE
Team Contact
Ubuntu Linux DC "LoCo"
Washington, DC (US)
Virtual
E-mail:kjcole (at) ubuntu*com
WWW:http://dc.ubuntu-us.org/
GPG Key ID:0x3E696927

Re: [Grassroots-l] Watch "WEB: The Film" for free today

Hytham ElSaiid
Who are you?
Could you please remove my email addresses from your groups?

Best Regards

Hytham ElSaiid
B2B Presales & Partnership Manager
IT Department
[hidden email]
Mobile: +201110001597
Ext: +201116801910
Etisalat Misr | www.etisalat.eg

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 12:05 PM, Sameer Verma <[hidden email] > wrote:
> This came in via Twitter.
>
> https://twitter.com/OLPC/status/534364032598540288
>

> From their site:
>
> "The 'One Laptop Per Child' project aims to give children from the
> world's poorest and most isolated corners access to the Internet's
> infinite world of knowledge. In the deserted Peruvian village Antuyo
> live a hundred inhabitants. They live in isolation from modern society
> and their way of life is unaffected by the technological developments
> of the past two centuries. All this changes when a boat arrives in the
> village with 14 laptops, a generator and a satellite dish. 5-year-old
> Roy goes to school the next day and is for the first time introduced
> to what is now to be the instrument of his learning. In 'Web', Michael
> Kleiman has closely followed the project's expansion to Peru, from
> Roy's first tentative keystrokes on the white keyboard and all its
> teething problems. An optimistic film about the new opportunities,
> communities and changes that modern technology brings with it."
>

> cheers,
> Sameer
> --
> Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
> Professor, Information Systems
> San Francisco State University
> http://verma.sfsu.edu /
> http://commons.sfsu.edu /
> http://olpcsf.org /
> http://olpcjamaica.org.jm /

Physical
Kevin Cole, RHCE
Team Contact
Ubuntu Linux DC "LoCo"
Washington, DC (US)
Virtual
E-mail:kjcole (at) ubuntu*com
WWW:http://dc.ubuntu-us.org /
GPG Key ID:0x3E696927

The content of this email together with any attachments, statements and opinions expressed herein contains information that is private and confidential, are intended for the named addressee/s only. If you are not the addressee of this email you may not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it in any form whatsoever. If you have received this message in error, please notify [hidden email] by email immediately and delete the message without making any copies.