Re: [support-gang] [UKids] Glueing SD cards into XO laptops

Re: [support-gang] [UKids] Glueing SD cards into XO laptops

Kevin Gordon Gmail
On NCR's idea ... A little caveat .... One must be very very careful of the read-only tab lock when messing 'directly'  with adapters and cards though.  They are a feces show to begin with, and if you need to r/w on the little beasts, small physical changes can mess up the r/w function, even if not physically, sometimes their alignment.

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 11:38 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Adam,

My suggestion is a variation of Kevin's.   Adhesive strip on SD card (exposed 1/8 th inch).  This would require removing XO back to remove strip /card.

Second variation:  jam lock/unlock tab.  There is a slot in the card holder metal can.   Inserting a small plastic piece (tape in place) will block the tab so SD card can not be removed..

Nathan