Re: [IAEP] Announcing OLPC OS 13.2.4 for XO-1

Re: [IAEP] Announcing OLPC OS 13.2.4 for XO-1

tkkang
Great news .. indeed.

I am trying out the new 13.2.4 release in my XO-1 now.

When I try to use the sugar-install-bundle to install/add new
activities (e.g. recall-4.xo) it stall at the end with the message:

caution: excluded filename not matched: mimetype

I need to use Ctrl-C as keyboard interrupt  to continue.

In a simple script that contain a number of sugar-install-build I have to do many Ctrl-C to enable it to run. In previous 13.2.1 I need no manual intervention.

Advice?

---
T.K. Kang

Re: [UKids] Re: [IAEP] Announcing OLPC OS 13.2.4 for XO-1

James Cameron-2
I've set Reply-to sugar-devel@.

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 12:19:56AM +0000, [hidden email] wrote:
> When I try to use the sugar-install-bundle to install/add new
> activities (e.g. recall-4.xo) it stall at the end with the message:
>
> caution: excluded filename not matched: mimetype

The message is normal, but is not the cause of the hang.

I've reproduced this.  The hang lasts for a few minutes.

The hang is caused by code in Sugar that is continually trying to set
an inotify watch on /usr/local/share/sugar/activities

You can work around the problem by creating this directory:

        sudo mkdir /usr/local/share/sugar/activities

You would not have this problem if you had used olpc-os-builder, which
is the method recommended and tested by OLPC.

@Sam, any ideas?