Paint Activity & Color Activity clarification

Paint Activity & Color Activity clarification

Kirja Nanthagopal
Hi

I have two question for you.

1) I’m testing the Paint activity and Speak activity in XO1.5 under the Build: 116, Sugar: 0.84.14 and Firmware: Q3A35. Under the activity tab, when I right click on the search box, there is the pop-up box displayed with the following options, Cut Copy Paste Delete Select all Input method and Insert Unicode control character Other activities also have these functions. Can you please explain the usage of input method and Insert Unicode control character?

2)
In the Color activity, under the paint tab has the “Erase image” option. This is erasing the entire image. When we draw the image we can’t erase the particular area. Is it a bug? Or this is an expected behavior? If it is expected, then can you please let me know are there any other option which will erase only a particular area?

Could you please clarify these two questions?

Thanks & Regards

Kirja

Re: Paint Activity & Color Activity clarification

Luke Faraone
Administrator

On Mon, Apr 05, 2010 at 06:14:39PM +0530, Kirja Nanthagopal wrote:
> 2)In the Color activity, under the paint tab has the  Erase image  option. This
> is erasing the entire image.

Good, that is expected.

> When we draw the image we can t erase the particular area.

You can.  Use Tools tab, Eraser button.  Then draw on the area to be
erased.

Re: Paint Activity & Color Activity clarification

My apologies, I had thought you were referring to the Paint activity.
Previous reply from me was incorrect.

On Mon, Apr 05, 2010 at 06:14:39PM +0530, Kirja Nanthagopal wrote:
> 2)In the Color activity, under the paint tab has the  Erase image
> option. This is erasing the entire image. When we draw the image we
> can t erase the particular area.

I agree.  Colors! does not provide a way to erase part of an area.

However, this is consistent with the art teaching aspect of the
activity, and you can change the palette colour to white and then paint
white over the areas that you wish to erase.

I can't answer if it is a bug, because I don't know what the activity
author intended.