OLPC/Sugar Doc Sprint Apr 6-10 @ OLPC HQ in Boston

Adam Holt-2
Plz read all the wiki details & RSVP here if you will contribute+attend, as we will very shortly reach capacity:

    http://j.mp/xomanual

20 People Expected in Person, from 4+ continents: Sameer Verma, Mike Lee, Walter Bender, Claudia Urrea, Richard Smith, Christoph Derndorfer, Reuben Caron, Mark Battley, Paul Fox, George Hunt, Chris Ball, Nancie Severs, CScott Ananian, Craig Perue, Saadia Baloch, Bill Stelzer, Bernie Innocenti, Dogi Unterhauser, Laura de Reynal, Adam Holt, etc -- even Sugar Labs' new finance officer Robert Fadel, and Pablo Flores if we are lucky!

BONUS PREGAME:
Apr 2-6 video tutorials sprint proposed for our favorite Sugar activities, thanks to Bill Stelzer, Mark Battley, Laura de Reynal, Christoph Derndorfer and a growing list of talented mediamakers.

VIRTUAL ROMANCE AIN'T: Please talk to Caryl Bigenho [hidden email] and our public list [hidden email] if you are motivated to write a particular chapter, but cannot attend in person, thanks!!

A huge thanks to Master of Ceremonies Laura de Reynal who will be organizing nightly social events for all.  She'll be working with Chris Ball (though he doesn't know it yet!) to organize several actual soccer/frisbee/etc matches too, get you limbered up, DO bring your April windbreaker & sneakers, as I/she/we WILL be bouncing you out of the office on REGULAR occasions to fire up yr adrenaline =)

--
Help kids everywhere map their world, at http://olpcMAP.net !

Re: OLPC/Sugar Doc Sprint Apr 6-10 @ OLPC HQ in Boston

Sameer Verma
On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 12:55 AM, Holt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Plz read all the wiki details & RSVP here if you will contribute+attend, as
> we will very shortly reach capacity:
>
>     http://j.mp/xomanual
>
> 20 People Expected in Person, from 4+ continents: Sameer Verma, Mike Lee,
> Walter Bender, Claudia Urrea, Richard Smith, Christoph Derndorfer, Reuben
> Caron, Mark Battley, Paul Fox, George Hunt, Chris Ball, Nancie Severs,
> CScott Ananian, Craig Perue, Saadia Baloch, Bill Stelzer, Bernie Innocenti,
> Dogi Unterhauser, Laura de Reynal, Adam Holt, etc -- even Sugar Labs' new
> finance officer Robert Fadel, and Pablo Flores if we are lucky!

Awesome! I hope we do get lucky :-)

> BONUS PREGAME: Apr 2-6 video tutorials sprint proposed for our favorite
> Sugar activities, thanks to Bill Stelzer, Mark Battley, Laura de Reynal,
> Christoph Derndorfer and a growing list of talented mediamakers.

I would like to re-kindle the idea of screencasts. Here it is briefly:
The idea was to script a handful of basic show-and-tell in any
activity (start, work through the activity, highlight the various
toolbar items, and close with a Journal reflection). Record using a VM
or recordmydesktop directly in Sugar, then make the OGV available
someplace. The OGV can be split into audio and video, so we can redo
the audio in different languages and do localization. We start with a
few (six maybe?) and let others jump in.

cheers,
Sameer

> VIRTUAL ROMANCE AIN'T: Please talk to Caryl Bigenho <[hidden email]> and
> our public list <[hidden email]> if you are motivated to write a
> particular chapter, but cannot attend in person, thanks!!
>
> A huge thanks to Master of Ceremonies Laura de Reynal who will be organizing
> nightly social events for all.  She'll be working with Chris Ball (though he
> doesn't know it yet!) to organize several actual soccer/frisbee/etc matches
> too, get you limbered up, DO bring your April windbreaker & sneakers, as
> I/she/we WILL be bouncing you out of the office on REGULAR occasions to fire
> up yr adrenaline =)
>
> --
> Help kids everywhere map their world, at http://olpcMAP.net !

Re: OLPC/Sugar Doc Sprint Apr 6-10 @ OLPC HQ in Boston

Edward Cherlin
Can any of us arrange to stay with somebody in the area while we work together?

On 2/9/2012 6:11 PM, Edward Cherlin wrote:
> Can any of us arrange to stay with somebody in the area while we work together?

Certainly.  Whether Bernie has secured his rumored Google-funded
McMansion to host everyone is an entirely different question however ;)

Later we hope to post a selection of low-priced housing options to:
http://j.mp/xomanual
Until then, plz do consider http://airbnb.com and http://couchsurfing.com

All plz remember: it's important to RSVP explaining what you hope to
contribute, remotely or in person!

Re: [IAEP] OLPC/Sugar Doc Sprint Apr 6-10 @ OLPC HQ inBoston

Seth Woodworth-2
Hey Adam &etc.

I'd like to RSVP for at least the weekend possibly plus a day in either direction.

--Seth

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 9:28 AM, Sandra Thaxter <[hidden email]> wrote:
I can host a few people here however Newburyport is a commute from Cambridge but the beach walks in the morning and local ambiance is great.

Sandra Thaxter
www.smallsolutionsbigideas.org
[hidden email]
----- Original Message ----- From: "Edward Mokurai Cherlin" <[hidden email]>

Re: [IAEP] OLPC/Sugar Doc Sprint Apr 6-10 @ OLPC HQ inBoston

Adam Holt-2
Thank a billion Seth: the planet owes you MANY favors for pulling this together over Sept 2008.

*Regardless* if we accomplish similar/better/differently (hopefully all 3) during Apr 3-5's video tutorial sprint and Apr 6-10 wider doc sprint: http://j.mp/xomanual

On 2/13/2012 6:30 PM, Seth Woodworth wrote:
Hey Adam &etc.

I'd like to RSVP for at least the weekend possibly plus a day in either direction.

--Seth

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 9:28 AM, Sandra Thaxter <[hidden email]> wrote:
I can host a few people here however Newburyport is a commute from Cambridge but the beach walks in the morning and local ambiance is great.

Sandra Thaxter
www.smallsolutionsbigideas.org
[hidden email]
<a moz-do-not-send="true" href="tel:%28617%29%20320-1098" value="+16173201098" target="_blank">(617) 320-1098
----- Original Message ----- From: "Edward Mokurai Cherlin" <[hidden email]>

Re: [IAEP] OLPC/Sugar Doc Sprint Apr 6-10 @ OLPC HQ inBoston

Christoph Derndorfer
Yippie, this is very exciting news indeed!!

Seth, thanks a lot for joining us. :-)

Cheers,
Christoph

volunteer, OLPC (Austria) [www.olpc.at]