[OLPC-SF] OLPC-SF July meeting this Saturday

[OLPC-SF] OLPC-SF July meeting this Saturday

Aaron Borden
Hello folks,

OLPC San Francisco will be hosting our monthly meeting Saturday, July
9th, from 10AM - 1PM at the downtown SFSU campus, 835 Market Street,
5th floor, Room 597 (the fishbowl).

Agenda
- Meet and greet
- Vision, mission, and goals
- Summit planning
- Project updates

Our meetings are held on the second Saturday of every month. Everyone is
welcome to join us for our monthly meeting! We'll be discussing the
latest in OLPC events and give updates on our local (and global)
projects. There will be plenty of XO laptops with the latest builds to
play around with, too.

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/events/316753518656856/
Google+ https://plus.google.com/events/cpt0i8o7j0oqi1rl1hu2o6r5k8g

Re: [IAEP] [OLPC-SF] OLPC-SF July meeting this Saturday

Dave Crossland
Hi Aaron

Will it be possible to join remotely? I'm keen on the vision/mission/goals discussions, and also about the XO-1 palette being delivered to OLPC-SF soon :)

On 6 July 2016 at 11:17, Aaron D Borden <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello folks,

OLPC San Francisco will be hosting our monthly meeting Saturday, July
9th, from 10AM - 1PM at the downtown SFSU campus, 835 Market Street,
5th floor, Room 597 (the fishbowl).

Agenda
- Meet and greet
- Vision, mission, and goals
- Summit planning
- Project updates

Our meetings are held on the second Saturday of every month. Everyone is
welcome to join us for our monthly meeting! We'll be discussing the
latest in OLPC events and give updates on our local (and global)
projects. There will be plenty of XO laptops with the latest builds to
play around with, too.

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/events/316753518656856/
Google+ https://plus.google.com/events/cpt0i8o7j0oqi1rl1hu2o6r5k8g

Cheers
Dave

On 6 July 2016 at 11:31, Dave Crossland <[hidden email]> wrote:

Will it be possible to join remotely?

I offer the suggestion that if someone is there with a laptop and wifi or an Android phone, they can open a Google Hangout on Air and post the link on the list :)

Re: [IAEP] [OLPC-SF] OLPC-SF July meeting this Saturday

Dave Crossland

On 6 July 2016 at 11:17, Aaron D Borden <[hidden email]> wrote:
Agenda
- Meet and greet
- Vision, mission, and goals
- Summit planning
- Project updates

Were any minutes taken? If not, I'm curious to hear more about the Vision/mission/goals discussion and if the statement was adopted at the meeting? :)

Re: [IAEP] [OLPC-SF] OLPC-SF July meeting this Saturday

Sameer Verma
No minutes taken. Our usual note taker is out. so is the back up.
Plus, our meetings are more informal than most (although we do
document) and the process was more conversational. The good news is
that we did come up with formalized vision and mission statements
(just posted on OLPC-SF list), and it's reassuring that 1) it's as
encompassing as we could imagine it to be, and 2) it states very
little that we didn't already know.

cheers,
Sameer

On 11 July 2016 at 14:20, Sameer Verma <[hidden email]> wrote:
No minutes taken. Our usual note taker is out. so is the back up.
Plus, our meetings are more informal than most (although we do
document) and the process was more conversational.

Okay cool, no worries :)

The good news is
that we did come up with formalized vision and mission statements
(just posted on OLPC-SF list), and it's reassuring that 1) it's as
encompassing as we could imagine it to be, and 2) it states very
little that we didn't already know.

Yes, it sounds great to me :) Will you also be working on the other parts of the missions/vision chain for OLPC-SF? :)

On Jul 11, 2016 3:48 PM, "Dave Crossland" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 11 July 2016 at 14:20, Sameer Verma <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> No minutes taken. Our usual note taker is out. so is the back up.
>> Plus, our meetings are more informal than most (although we do
>> document) and the process was more conversational.
>

> Okay cool, no worries :)
>

>> The good news is
>> that we did come up with formalized vision and mission statements
>> (just posted on OLPC-SF list), and it's reassuring that 1) it's as
>> encompassing as we could imagine it to be, and 2) it states very
>> little that we didn't already know.
>

> Yes, it sounds great to me :) Will you also be working on the other parts of the missions/vision chain for OLPC-SF? :)

Indeed. Will start process for Sugarlabs too, once I'm all done with my summer teaching this week.

Sameer