OLPC-SF Community Summit and Turtle Art Day

OLPC-SF Community Summit and Turtle Art Day

Aaron D Borden
Great news! We're excited to announce that Turtle Art Day[1] will be
held in conjunction with this year's Community Summit[2] this weekend!
Our summit will be focused on the intersection of education and
technology. We'll discuss what's going on in the One Laptop Per Child
universe, as well as what other education outreach communities are doing
globally. The goal is to get folks together to discuss problems,
collaborate, and find solutions together.

If you're not familiar with Turtle Art, it's an application where
students create art through programming. Turtle Art Day is a worldwide
event happening throughout the month of October. Turtle Artists are
coming together to teach each other and learn together. OLPC-SF is proud
to be working with Sugar Labs[3] to put together this event here in San
Francisco. It represents the exploration of new spaces and media for
learning beyond online, beyond OLPC. We hope you all will be able to
attend. Please see the event page for details.

Saturday October 18th
OLPC-SF Community Summit

Sunday October 19th
Turtle Art Day

San Francisco State University
1600 Holloway Avenue
Business Building room 202
San Francisco, CA 94132

[1] http://www.olpcsf.org/TurtleArtDay2014
[2] http://www.olpcsf.org/CommunitySummit2014
[3] http://www.sugarlabs.org/
[4] http://communitysummit2014.eventbrite.com

--
Aaron Borden
Human and Hacker

Re: [Grassroots-l] OLPC-SF Community Summit and Turtle Art Day

Sameer Verma
We plan on broadcasting some of the sessions from Saturday and Sunday.
You can follow these along at
https://plus.google.com/108423383350207135431/

The approx. schedule (Pacific time) is:

10AM - 10:50AM State of Sugar (Walter Bender)
11AM - 11: 50AM How to build Sugar activities (Gonzalo Odiard)
12PM -12:45 Fix-it Session (Alex Kleider, Nina Stawski, Hilary Naylor)

Lunch 12:45PM to 2PM

2:00PM - 2:45PM Lightning talks: project updates in 5 minutes each.
Jamaica, India, Tanzania, Australia, Madagascar, and more
2:50PM- 3:35PM Analytics in Nepal and Australia (Sameer Verma, Martin Abente)
3:40PM - 4:25PM RACHEL and solar power (Bruce Baikie)

cheers,
Sameer

On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 12:07 AM, Aaron Borden <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Great news! We're excited to announce that Turtle Art Day[1] will be
> held in conjunction with this year's Community Summit[2] this weekend!
> Our summit will be focused on the intersection of education and
> technology. We'll discuss what's going on in the One Laptop Per Child
> universe, as well as what other education outreach communities are doing
> globally. The goal is to get folks together to discuss problems,
> collaborate, and find solutions together.
>
> If you're not familiar with Turtle Art, it's an application where
> students create art through programming. Turtle Art Day is a worldwide
> event happening throughout the month of October. Turtle Artists are
> coming together to teach each other and learn together. OLPC-SF is proud
> to be working with Sugar Labs[3] to put together this event here in San
> Francisco. It represents the exploration of new spaces and media for
> learning beyond online, beyond OLPC. We hope you all will be able to
> attend. Please see the event page for details.
>
> Saturday October 18th
> OLPC-SF Community Summit
>
> Sunday October 19th
> Turtle Art Day