More than 125 New Kenya Teachers Joined This Month

More than 125 New Kenya Teachers Joined This Month

Small Solutions Big Ideas
More than 125 New Kenya Teachers Joined This Month
Use this area to offer a short preview of your email's content.
View this email in your browser

Designing Your Email

Creating an elegant email is simple

Now that you’ve selected a template to work with, drag in content blocks to define the structure of your message. Don’t worry, you can always delete or rearrange blocks as needed. Then click “Design” to define fonts, colors, and styles.

Need inspiration for your design? Here’s what other MailChimp users are doing.

Children in Rural Villages First Experience with Laptops

Even these pre-schooler Suceeded in Launching Activities

Small Solutions Big Ideas is Keeping Our Programs Vital:
We need your support in 2014 to Continue to maintain our core team of teachers and trainers.
We need your $25 and $50 contributions.   If you have not contributed to 2014, go to the Donate Button at  http://smallsolutionsbigideas.org  or Click on This Link https://www.networkforgood.org/donation/ExpressDonation.aspx?ORGID2=27-1515416

2014 Kenya Primary School Tour:   Small Solutions Big Ideas, along with a team of Kenyans rolled out the introduction of XO laptops and teacher training in seven primary schools in Kenya these last three weeks starting at the end of January.  We have trained 125 teachers and introduced laptops to more than 950 children.

We traveled north of Nairobi to the Mt. Kenya area, then west past the rift valley up into the Laikipia  (wilderness area) plains , then south into the tea plantations on the green rolling hills north of Nairobi and to several schools within communities close to Nairobi. The landscapes are green, fertile, or dramatic expanses of plains.

What strikes anyone traveling around Kenya is the number of children.  They are everywhere.  If you happen to be driving through rural villages in the late afternoon, the roads are filled with children in their schools uniforms, sandals or barefoot, with their backpacks.

The new government  made the purchase of technology for education a key commitment of their election platform.  Meanwhile the children and teachers of Kenya have been waiting.  The excitement of the arrival of our team of trainers was overwhelming.  Kenyans are gracious and welcoming, but the singing and dancing ceremonies we received were impressive.

The team in Kenya,  Sandra Thaxter, Krys Kakoba,  Bonaventure Masika,  Fred Juma Wakasiaka,  Rose Weseka, Herine Menya, Kevin Ndungu, Arthur Irungu.

Copyright © *2014* *Small Solutions Inc.*, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
Small Solutions
3 Oak Street
Newburyport MA 01950

This email was sent to library@...
Small Solutions Big Ideas · 3 Oak Street · Newburyport, Massachusetts 01950 · USA

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp