Keybindings configuration

Marco Pesenti Gritti
Hey,

we need our own matchbox's kdbconfig on the laptop, to configure sugar
specific keybindings.

One way to do this would be to apply a patch to matchbox in the rpm.
Though I think we really want to avoid rpm specific patches. We want to
be easy to build and run sugar on all distribution for development.

I thought a bit about it and discussed with Dan. We think the best
solution would be probably to add a  --kbdconfig-file option to
matchbox. That way we would just distribute our kbdconfig with sugar and
run matchbox with --kbdconfig-file.

Matthew, what do you think?

Marco

Keybindings configuration

Matthew Allum-2
Hi;

On Wed, 2006-07-19 at 17:34 +0200, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:

> Hey,
>
> we need our own matchbox's kdbconfig on the laptop, to configure sugar
> specific keybindings.
>
> One way to do this would be to apply a patch to matchbox in the rpm.
> Though I think we really want to avoid rpm specific patches. We want to
> be easy to build and run sugar on all distribution for development.
>
> I thought a bit about it and discussed with Dan. We think the best
> solution would be probably to add a  --kbdconfig-file option to
> matchbox. That way we would just distribute our kbdconfig with sugar and
> run matchbox with --kbdconfig-file.
>
> Matthew, what do you think?

Yeap makes sense. I've committed support into Matchbox SVN. Let me know
if it works for you.

Just note, Matchbox being what it is and running on what it does there
usually is some device specific packaging needed.

  -- Matthew

Matthew Allum wrote:

> Hi;
>
> On Wed, 2006-07-19 at 17:34 +0200, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
>
>> Hey,
>>
>> we need our own matchbox's kdbconfig on the laptop, to configure sugar
>> specific keybindings.
>>
>> One way to do this would be to apply a patch to matchbox in the rpm.
>> Though I think we really want to avoid rpm specific patches. We want to
>> be easy to build and run sugar on all distribution for development.
>>
>> I thought a bit about it and discussed with Dan. We think the best
>> solution would be probably to add a  --kbdconfig-file option to
>> matchbox. That way we would just distribute our kbdconfig with sugar and
>> run matchbox with --kbdconfig-file.
>>
>> Matthew, what do you think?
>>

> Yeap makes sense. I've committed support into Matchbox SVN. Let me know
> if it works for you.

Works great! Thanks!

Marco