IN 2 WKS: OLPC/Sugar Doc Sprint Apr 6-10 in Boston

IN 2 WKS: OLPC/Sugar Doc Sprint Apr 6-10 in Boston

Adam Holt-2
Thanks to the dozen great writers/communicators who've RSVP'd and committed to attend!   I've posted all your flight dates here:

    http://j.mp/xomanual#People

Fantastic News -- 3 absolutely stellar volunteers have stepped forward keeping us all on track:

 1) Before the sprint, Mark Battley (Kenya, Tanzania) will be hacking Sugar video tutorials, and then showing us all how -- with his amazing new Sugar-on-a-Stick equipment & rig that stands to empower all, to make their own Khan Academy / Lynda.com-like personal Sugar tutorials (very compelling shorts vids) around FotoToon, Scratch, Etc.

 2) During the Apr 6-10 sprint itself, like he did incredibly in Sept 2008, Seth Woodworth will do his very best act as Editor helping all keep focus on our actual http://laptop.org/manual and Help Activity, no matter how long or short your own chapter!  Most Crucially, Seth can provide us stylistic guidelines (text & screenshots) as well as package it up in a browser as best he can, cognizant of our always-evolving doc dreams, eg: http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/iaep/2012-March/thread.html#15062 and http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/iaep/2012-March/thread.html#15130 .  Plz all go out of your way to support Seth, offering to volunteer for this absolutely priceless endeavor!!

 3) An action-packed social calendar is coming together thanks to Laura de Reynal, so you can get to know Boston in the evenings, kicking back with new Sugar/OLPC volunteers bringing exciting new from far reaches of the planet, never forgetting why we're all here :)

THANK YOU All for attending, working your asses off on your favorite chapter most important, remembering to RSVP ([hidden email]) so I can confirm OLPC HQ's small office in fact has room for you!  And until we meet in exactly 2 weeks, keep your eyes on our wiki and evolving plans here:

    http://j.mp/xomanual  (click EDIT on top, whatever your chapter plans, fill us in!)

Virtual Romance Ain't :)
Book Sprints depend on the in-person dynamic around 1 single table.  Still, if in-person attendance is abolutely impossible, please talk to Caryl Bigenho on our public list[hidden email] [hidden email] (http://lists.laptop.org/listinfo/library) if you are motivated to write a particular chapter, but cannot attend in person, thanks!! EG. We're thrilled OLPC Australia's Education Manager Tracy Richardson hopes to contribute remotely.

Accommodations Are: Everyone's responsible for their OWN housing in Boston, but if you're completely stuck call me and I just MIGHT be able to help!!

--
Help kids everywhere map their world, at http://olpcMAP.net !