I'm down in Uruguay this Xmas.

Richard A. Smith
I'm going to be spending my Christmas holiday on the beaches of La
Paloma, Uruguay.   I'll be there Dec 24th - Jan 3.

One of those days my girlfriend and I plan to go in to Montevideo and
look around the city.

I'd love to get a tour of the Plan Ceibal offices and chat, lunch, or
dinner, with anyone still around who's working with XO's.

I've sent mail to various people I had contact with, Miguel, and to the
stock email address [hidden email].  Most of the emails bounced
and the response from the ceibal@ address was that they would pass my
info on to people on the project.  However, I've not heard back from
anybody.

Anyone here know of someone I could contact @Ceibal who's involved with
the XO's they have?

--
Richard A. Smith  <[hidden email]>

Re: I'm down in Uruguay this Xmas.

Christoph Derndorfer-2

Hi Richard,

I was in Montevideo last week, tried to connect with some (former?) Ceibal folks I know, and also got no meaningful responses whatsoever.

So I'm not sure whether everyone is in a mad end-of-year crunch period (as the souther hemisphere school year is about to end), most people I know simply don't work there anymore or I simply was out of luck.

If I had had more time (I was in Montevideo for only 24 hours) I would have tried to reach out to RAP Ceibal and ceibalJAM folks to see whether they can put me in touch with the right people inside LATU. However it's my understanding that many of the communities around Plan Ceibal are no longer active and/or dissolved so don't get your hopes up too much.

Good luck and I hope it still works out for you. For me it was certainly fun to see a kid using an XO while his father walked him home from school somewhere in downtown Montevideo. :-)

Cheers,
Christoph

Am 09.12.2015 22:44 schrieb "Richard A. Smith" <[hidden email]>:
I'm going to be spending my Christmas holiday on the beaches of La Paloma, Uruguay.   I'll be there Dec 24th - Jan 3.

One of those days my girlfriend and I plan to go in to Montevideo and look around the city.

I'd love to get a tour of the Plan Ceibal offices and chat, lunch, or dinner, with anyone still around who's working with XO's.

I've sent mail to various people I had contact with, Miguel, and to the stock email address [hidden email].  Most of the emails bounced and the response from the ceibal@ address was that they would pass my info on to people on the project.  However, I've not heard back from anybody.

Anyone here know of someone I could contact @Ceibal who's involved with the XO's they have?

--
Richard A. Smith  <[hidden email]>

Re: I'm down in Uruguay this Xmas.

Guillermo Reisch - Fing

I dont know about "core" ceibal contacts but...

* RAP Ceibal

Help Ceibal Comunity

http://rapceibal.info/

contact: [hidden email]

maillist: [hidden email]

* CeibalJam

Apps Developers Comunity

http://ceibaljam.org

maillist: [hidden email]

* Bútia

Robot platform kit using xo

https://www.fing.edu.uy/inco/proyectos/butia

contact: [hidden email]

Grettings!

On Wednesday 09 December 2015 16:44:33 Richard A. Smith wrote:

> I'm going to be spending my Christmas holiday on the beaches of La

> Paloma, Uruguay. I'll be there Dec 24th - Jan 3.

> One of those days my girlfriend and I plan to go in to Montevideo and

> look around the city.

> I'd love to get a tour of the Plan Ceibal offices and chat, lunch, or

> dinner, with anyone still around who's working with XO's.

> I've sent mail to various people I had contact with, Miguel, and to the

> stock email address [hidden email]. Most of the emails bounced

> and the response from the ceibal@ address was that they would pass my

> info on to people on the project. However, I've not heard back from

> anybody.

> Anyone here know of someone I could contact @Ceibal who's involved with

> the XO's they have?

Re: I'm down in Uruguay this Xmas.

Gonzalo Odiard-2
Hi Richard,
I don't know who from Ceibal will be available at the time, is usual take vacation (no school, summer, etc)
but I would try to contact to Daniel Castelo (cc) or the other guys in the technical team.

Daniel Castelo <[hidden email]>, Esteban Arias <[hidden email]>, Esteban Bordón <[hidden email]>

Daniel is the head of the Devices team, and have very good information about the dayly operations
and the projects related (robotics, 3d printers, etc)

Enjoy La Paloma!

Gonzalo

PS: If you jump one day to Buenos Aires, tell me

On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 6:44 PM, Richard A. Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm going to be spending my Christmas holiday on the beaches of La Paloma, Uruguay.   I'll be there Dec 24th - Jan 3.

One of those days my girlfriend and I plan to go in to Montevideo and look around the city.

I'd love to get a tour of the Plan Ceibal offices and chat, lunch, or dinner, with anyone still around who's working with XO's.

I've sent mail to various people I had contact with, Miguel, and to the stock email address [hidden email].  Most of the emails bounced and the response from the ceibal@ address was that they would pass my info on to people on the project.  However, I've not heard back from anybody.

Anyone here know of someone I could contact @Ceibal who's involved with the XO's they have?

--
Richard A. Smith  <[hidden email]>

Gonzalo Odiard

Re: I'm down in Uruguay this Xmas.

smithbone@gmail.com
On 12/09/2015 04:44 PM, Richard A. Smith wrote:

> and the response from the ceibal@ address was that they would pass my
> info on to people on the project.  However, I've not heard back from
> anybody.
>
> Anyone here know of someone I could contact @Ceibal who's involved with
> the XO's they have?

Thanks to everyone who responded to me.

I was able to get in touch with someone at Plan Ceibal and I'm going to
be able to tour the office.

It will be fun to finally see the Plan Ceibal offices.

--
Richard A. Smith