How does "record" activity the camera in Sugar?

How does "record" activity the camera in Sugar?

Luna.Huang@quantatw.com
There is one question need someone tells me.

How does "record" activity the camera in Sugar?

I have one C test machine which has question.

When I open ??record?? item, can fine there are some straight lines on left of a real-time display of the camera??s input being shown.

The lines are highly concentrated to make the left of portrait is indistinct.

And all of real-time display has noise to make display is disturbance.

Use ??test /camera?? on OFW, I did not fine the event.

I have done the memory test <mem86> is no problem.

Boot from USB, the event also exists.

I think it is HW question. But I don??t know there has different between ??record?? and OFW.

Please give idea to help me analysis quick.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

-------------------------------------

Luna Huang / ?S????

Quanta EPBU

Software Dept. Engineer

Tel : 886-3-327-2345 EXT:18921

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

How does "record" activity the camera in Sugar?

Erik Blankinship
Good morning Luna

Can you please take a photograph of your XO (with another camera), so that
we can see the visual problem?

Also, which build are you using?

Thank you
Erik

On 9/5/07, Luna.Huang at quantatw.com <Luna.Huang at quantatw.com> wrote:

>  There is one question need someone tells me.
>
> How does "record" activity the camera in Sugar?
>
> I have one C test machine which has question.
>
> When I open "record" item, can fine there are some straight lines on left
> of a real-time display of the camera's input being shown.
>
> The lines are highly concentrated to make the left of portrait is
> indistinct.
>
> And all of real-time display has noise to make display is disturbance.
>
> Use "test /camera" on OFW, I did not fine the event.
>
> I have done the memory test <mem86> is no problem.
>
> Boot from USB, the event also exists.
>
> I think it is HW question. But I don't know there has different between
> "record" and OFW.
>
> Please give idea to help me analysis quick.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> -------------------------------------
>
> Luna Huang / ???
>
> *Quanta EPBU*
>
> Software Dept. *Engineer***
>
> Tel : 886-3-327-2345 EXT:18921

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

How does "record" activity the camera in Sugar?

Luna.Huang@quantatw.com

BIOS is ==>Q2C25

Image is ==>542 image

Best Regards,

-------------------------------------

Luna Huang / ?S????

Quanta EPBU

Software Dept. Engineer

How does "record" activity the camera in Sugar?

Luna.Huang@quantatw.com
Sorry, I forget to say.

In the Nand flash image is 542.

But I use USB whose image is 515 to boot, has the same event.

Luna

________________________________

Erik Blankinship

How does "record" activity the camera in Sugar?

Luna.Huang@quantatw.com
                                                         an exclamation mark ?

run:

>gst-launch-0.10 v4l2src ! xvimagesink

>and report if you get the same problem?

Well, I got one error report:

ERROR: pipeline could not be constructed: no element ??v412src??.

Could you explain what the command is?

Thank you very much.

Luna

________________________________

How does "record" activity the camera in Sugar?

James Cameron-2
On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 09:13:46AM +0800, Luna.Huang at quantatw.com wrote:
> >gst-launch-0.10 v4l2src ! xvimagesink
> >and report if you get the same problem?
> Well, I got one error report:
> ERROR: pipeline could not be constructed: no element ??v412src??.

You have mis-read the characters in the original mail.  The letter L in
lowercase was between the 4 and the 2, not the number one.

v - victor
4 - four
l - lima
2 - two
s - sierra
r - romeo
c - charlie

James Cameron    mailto:quozl at us.netrek.org     http://quozl.netrek.org/

How does "record" activity the camera in Sugar?

Erik Blankinship
The first command will run the camera data directly to the xv image sink via
gstreamer (a video application framework used by the Record activity).  We
can diagnose where the problem is better when we see the result of this
test.

The second command will run a test pattern directly to the xv image sink.
If we get the same visual problem with the test patter, we might be able to
rule out the camera as the culprit.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

How does "record" activity the camera in Sugar?

Luna.Huang@quantatw.com

I have tried the ??gst-launch-0.10 v4l2src ! xvimagesink?? and the display is normally.

Then I try the ??gst-launch-0.10 videotestsrc ! xvimagesink?? and there is no problem with test pattern.

We have changed a new camera module on the same machine and run ??record??. But there is the same problem in real-time display.

Thank you.

Luna

________________________________

How does "record" activity the camera in Sugar?

Erik Blankinship
I am glad to hear that those tests were passed satisfactorily.

It would seem that the camera is working correctly.

More questions:

   - Do the camera problems happen before or after suspend/resume?  There
   have been some visual artifacts with the camera after suspend/resume. I
   suspect this might be the problem.
   - If you take a photo with the Record activity, does the photograph
   have the same problem?
   - Is this a different C test build than the other C test builds?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

How does "record" activity the camera in Sugar?

Gary.Chiang@quantatw.com
Dear: Erik,

It looks like LX GPU overlay function have some problem

But I am not sure,

We use failed OX unit to record a video file , then playback

It is still can see the noise and straight lines on left side .

if we use another OX to play the same video file, it looks no problem at all.

Best Regards,

Gary Chiang ??????

Tel ?? 886-3-3272345    ext??18332

Cell?? 0972633651