Fwd: Re: [support-gang] Ready to Test: TamTamMini chapter for the Manual Refresh

Fwd: Re: [support-gang] Ready to Test: TamTamMini chapter for the Manual Refresh

Adam Holt-2
Heroic work Caryl & Cherry, working into the night, I hope everyone can study this model chapter !  This will be perfect in helping us finalize the Chapter Style Guide Christoph & Seth are fixing up here: http://j.mp/xomanual#Style_Guide

PS I've fixed a couple unclickable links below ;)  As new contributors continue to grow here Saturday (get involved at http://j.mp/xomanual !) don't forget to BRING LUNCH/DRINK OFFERINGS + JACKET + HAT TODAY 1PM for Mako's **amazing** Japanese Blossom Fest on the Charles River (blocks away @ MIT, our bust-out urban garden adventure at last!)

On 4/7/2012 2:47 AM, Caryl Bigenho wrote:
Hi Folks,

I am sending this note out to the whole community since there has been so much interest in learning to use TamTam. This is a modified excerpt from the "Fun With TamTamMini" manual I have almost finished (only a few musical examples in standard score form have to be completed).  If you are one of our remote doc testers, here is one for you to try already! There should be at least one more ready by tomorrow morning and lots more as we go along.

So, the TamTamMini Chapter is ready for testing! You can actually find it on the wiki here:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Help_Activity_refresh/Chapter/TamTam

There are some little tidying-up tasks still to be done, but you should be able to try it as-is and actually be playing a couple of songs on your XO very quickly!  (If you are using an emulator, it probably won't work, alas!)

You will note that the page doesn't look like the average wiki page. That is intentional. It is in a format that will lend itself well to printing out for use offline.

Please don't try to edit the page. Instead, put your comments in the discussion and I can make the changes. You will find the discussion here:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Talk:Help_Activity_refresh/Chapter/TamTam

If you would like to join us on irc tomorrow, here is the link:
http://en.forum.laptop.org/chat/irc.cgi

I will also try to find a time early tomorrow evening to try for a group Skype call. That seems to be a good time for both North America and Australia.  If you want to be included, be sure you are registered on Skype (it's free) and send me your Skype name. I'll have a firm time tomorrow by noon PDT.

Have fun playing with TamTamMini... and be thinking of children's songs you can put in the TamTamMini SongBook (one project at a time!)  That will come after the manual is finished.

Caryl

--
Help kids everywhere map their world, at http://olpcMAP.net !