Fwd: Language Learning Courseware

Seth Woodworth

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Neal Scogin <[hidden email]>
Date: Mon, May 4, 2009 at 3:36 PM
Subject: [support-gang] Language Learning Courseware
To: Laptop Support <[hidden email]>

I am developing courseware (a complete methodology) that utilizes Sugar (primarily the collaboration - mesh networking features) to learn languages.  I have recently found someone to help me with Arabic and so now I am working on Arabic-English and Spanish-English.  I am interested in using the International Phonetic Alphabet for some of the work.

I would like to have some software that can evaluate spoken language to check for pronunciation.  When I purchased some Spanish learning software years ago that was one of the features.  Obviously, I am looking for open source software.

In addition, any advice on software tools for the courseware will be appreciated.

Re: [IAEP] Fwd: Language Learning Courseware

Tomeu Vizoso-2
On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 03:01, Seth Woodworth <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

Hi Neal,

this sounds like an awesome project. I have found the following
regarding pronunciation evaluation:

https://www.stanford.edu/group/opensource/cgi-bin/wiki/index.php?title=(un)Conference_2008_Notes:_SPHINX_II

http://www.google.cz/search?q=related:www.meraka.org.za/pubs/JACBadenhorst.pdf

http://www.meraka.org.za/pubs/JACBadenhorst.pdf

Hope that helps and feel free to ask any other questions here in IAEP
or in sugar-devel: http://lists.sugarlabs.org/

Regards,

Tomeu

Re: [IAEP] Fwd: Language Learning Courseware

Carol Farlow Lerche
SourceForge.net: synphony » home