Floss Manuals Growing Up? Slashdot: "Open Source, Cross-Platform, Collaborative E-Book Publishing"

Floss Manuals Growing Up? Slashdot: "Open Source, Cross-Platform, Collaborative E-Book Publishing"

Adam Holt-2
Subject: Re: [FM Discuss] slashdotted
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 00:11:37 -0600
From: Janet Swisher [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]

The comments provide a good illustration of how we need to sharpen our
message to get through to people. Most of the chatter is about
authoring tools and formats, publishing formats, and Apple. Only a
tiny number of posters seem to have gotten the key idea of Booktype,
which is that it is a *collaborative* book-authoring *platform* (not a
format or an ebook store) -- but I think the person who mentioned
slash fanfic is one of them. Most people simply don't have the concept
that books could be written collaboratively.