Debug android image on xo-4

Gonzalo Odiard-2
Hi,
I need debug a android apk on the android image in use in ceibal.
It's safe connect my laptop USB port to the xo-4 usb port to debug
or should i usb the xo-4 debug connector on the otherboard?

Gonzalo Odiard

On Fri, Jan 08, 2016 at 05:43:52PM -0300, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:
> Hi,
> I need debug a android apk on the android image in use in ceibal.
> It's safe connect my laptop USB port to the xo-4 usb port to debug
> or should i usb the xo-4 debug connector on the otherboard?
> Thanks,

The XO-4 doesn't have a USB debug port like other Android devices do.

(The SoC itself can be configured with such a port, but there is no
circuit for bringing to the outside world.)

Use ADB over WiFi.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Android/Adb

http://quozl.netrek.org/

On Fri, Jan 08, 2016 at 06:00:36PM -0300, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:
> ... and, how are enabled the developer options in this android
> image? :)

On the OLPC images, the method was
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Android/DeveloperOptions

There may be an option to disable this during build, but I'm not sure.

http://quozl.netrek.org/

Re: Debug android image on xo-4

Gonzalo Odiard-2
Thanks!