Closing this list

Release Team-2
Hello,

as previously announced we have a now an upstream mailing list for Sugar development:

http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/

My suggestion would be to close [hidden email] and have the few distribution specific discussions in [hidden email]. *If* there is full consensus we might also consider to copy the subscriber list of [hidden email] to [hidden email].

Thanks,
Marco

Re: Closing this list

Morgan Collett
On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 10:38, Marco Pesenti Gritti <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> as previously announced we have a now an upstream mailing list for Sugar
> development:
>
> http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/
>
> My suggestion would be to close [hidden email] and have the few
> distribution specific discussions in [hidden email]. *If* there is
> full consensus we might also consider to copy the subscriber list of
> [hidden email] to [hidden email].

+1 from me.

What might help is to "list" the lists in a discoverable place on the
wikis, showing clearly which list is appropriate for what, since we
are getting support questions on iaep etc.

Regards
Morgan

Re: Closing this list

bernie
Morgan Collett wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 10:38, Marco Pesenti Gritti <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> as previously announced we have a now an upstream mailing list for Sugar
>> development:
>>
>> http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/
>>
>> My suggestion would be to close [hidden email] and have the few
>> distribution specific discussions in [hidden email]. *If* there is
>> full consensus we might also consider to copy the subscriber list of
>> [hidden email] to [hidden email].
>
> +1 from me.

+1 from me too.  Next Monday I'll ask the admins at 1CC if we can move
the existing subscribers and maybe add a redirect.

> What might help is to "list" the lists in a discoverable place on the
> wikis, showing clearly which list is appropriate for what, since we
> are getting support questions on iaep etc.

Well the list of all public lists is here:

  http://lists.sugarlabs.org/

Each list already comes with its own description, but feel free to
propose changes.

--
   // Bernie Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/
 \X/  Sugar Labs       - http://www.sugarlabs.org/