Changing track

tkkang-2
Dear Martin,

All the best to you in your seacrh for live balance - I am seeking that too as the 2 weeks have been overwhelm while preparing for a new deployment with the new XO 1.75 (now old) . I think you were the first OLPC software developer that I had contact with while I took the challenge of learning how to setup the schoolserver for the XO 5 years ago. Your assistance, debugging and prompt reply is of enormouse help! I love your comments below:

"Problems that may seem trivial for us while we type an email or update a wikipage, but that are huge when you don't know the fix, or your don't have the tools or parts handy, and you are singlehandedly supporting a school of hundreds of kids with XOs."

Looking forward to the new XO-4 and I am sure you walk the talk with your tag-line!

Enjoy the new life and sail! IF you are in this side of the worldfor holiday/work  do contact me!

Cheers

---
From: Martin Langhoff <[hidden email]>
To: Devel List <[hidden email]>
Subject: Changing track

Hello devel!

I haven't been posting here often enough. After a year of enormous
effort, we are approaching start of mass production with XO-4. It is
time for me to announce my departure from OLPC.

Re: Changing track

Martin Langhoff
Thank you for the email... and THANK YOU for all the work you do in
deployments. It's the hardest one of all.

You are in HK, right? I'll let you know if any trip takes me there.
Perhaps organize a MoodleMoot ;-)

take care,

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 8:10 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Martin,
>
> All the best to you in your seacrh for live balance - I am seeking that too
> as the 2 weeks have been overwhelm while preparing for a new deployment with
> the new XO 1.75 (now old) . I think you were the first OLPC software
> developer that I had contact with while I took the challenge of learning how
> to setup the schoolserver for the XO 5 years ago. Your assistance, debugging
> and prompt reply is of enormouse help! I love your comments below:
>
> "Problems that may seem trivial for us while we type an email or update a
> wikipage, but that are huge when you don't know the fix, or your don't have
> the tools or parts handy, and you are singlehandedly supporting a school of
> hundreds of kids with XOs."
>
> Looking forward to the new XO-4 and I am sure you walk the talk with your
> tag-line!
>
> Enjoy the new life and sail! IF you are in this side of the worldfor
> holiday/work  do contact me!
>
> Cheers
>

> ---
> From: Martin Langhoff <[hidden email]>
> To: Devel List <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Changing track
>
> Hello devel!
>
> I haven't been posting here often enough. After a year of enormous
> effort, we are approaching start of mass production with XO-4. It is
> time for me to announce my departure from OLPC.

 [hidden email] -- Software Architect - OLPC
 - ask interesting questions

Re: Changing track

tkkang-2

Your last day! Yes everything is hardwork and team work but the joy is things do happen. Yes I am in HK but this year will spent more time in Australia. Incubating the idea of a Learning conference
somewhere where things are cheaper and close to HK, Singapre, Thailand, etc .. (hint: Malacca, Malaysia). Participants then fly off for holiday of their choice!

Like your writeup on the behind the scene of the making of the XO4. Hope to get my fingers on it soon to create a new level of excitment here!

G'Day mate!