Can not access the OK prompt

Arafath Rizan
Hi

Can not access the OK prompt... ( Power + Esc (x))
XO 1.0 Details
- Build 851
- Sugar 0.84.16
- Frimware Q2E41
-Wireless Firmware 5.110.22p23

Please help me out..
Thanks

Re: Can not access the OK prompt

Luke Faraone
Administrator
Do you have a developer key or have disabled security for your device?

Thanks,
Luke Faraone

Sent from my mobile device.

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 05:05:02PM +0530, Arafath Rizan wrote:
> Can not access the OK prompt... ( Power + Esc (x))

Why not, what happens when you try?

Please review http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Ok for alternate methods and
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activation_and_Developer_Keys in case the
laptop you are using is secured.

Re: Can not access the OK prompt

Arafath Rizan
Hi

I tried to install the OS by pressing the Power key and the Game keys, after that only this problem arise. i checked the developer key (Before install the OS) its available in the XO1.0 and the security is disabled.. but still i cant go to the OK prompt to install the Firmware. when i switch the power black screen with some commands runs and there i can see some symbols which is a USB, PC.. after that system boots with out any problem with the New OS build 851. this is what the situation is :)
Thanks

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 08:43:34PM +0530, Arafath Rizan wrote:
> I tried to install the OS by pressing the Power key and the Game keys,
> after that only this problem arise. i checked the developer key
> (Before install the OS) its available in the XO1.0 and the security is
> disabled.. but still i cant go to the OK prompt to install the
> Firmware. when i switch the power black screen with some commands runs
> and there i can see some symbols which is a USB, PC.. after that
> system boots with out any problem with the New OS build 851.

There are three states a laptop can be in:

1.  secure, with no developer key, (prevents access to ok prompt),

2.  secure, with developer key on internal storage, (allows access to ok
prompt),

3.  unsecure, (allows access to ok prompt).

Given the evidence you've presented, it seems like a developer key was
installed, but then a new build os851 was installed, which overwrote
that developer key.  "wipe out".

So I suggest the following:

a.  obtain and present the developer key to the laptop, by following the
documentation in the section "If you wipe out your developer key", at
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activation_and_Developer_Keys#If_you_wipe_out_your_developer_key
from either the "Insert a USB flash drive or SD card with your developer
key on it" text or the "Once boot completes you can restore your
developer key back to NAND flash" text,

b.  obtain the ok prompt, (it will not be obtainable unless the correct
matching developer key is presented in step a, so if this step fails go
back to step a),

c.  use "disable-security" in the correct fashion, by following the
documentation in the section "Disable the security system", at
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activation_and_Developer_Keys#Disable_the_security_system