Auckland Testing Summary 2 March 2013

carrott
Auckland Testing Summary 2 March 2013
Who: John, Hans, Oliver, Tabitha, Tom

Testing 3.1.0 build 30 on XO-1.75 and build 32 on XO-4

In Physics on XO-1.75 the top couple of cm of the screen is white. The
exact line where this happens moves around. This has been reported
before. This doesn’t happen in the same way on the XO-4, with a
complicated enough display, the whole screen flickers every few seconds.
The more complicated the display the worse it gets, to the point where
it becomes unusable (3/4 of the screen is permanently white with only a
few objects on the screen). Also the mouse pointer is very badly
corrupted. This looks like http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/11922

Browse hung immediately on logging in to a Zimbra webmail. The mouse
pointer stopped responding to the page (it is supposed to change shape
over links and so forth), and the display stopped updating. It does not
respond to stop from the frame menu and it does not consume cpu. This
happened 3 times in a row. We reported this as
http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/3775 a long time ago. This time we
reproduced on XO-4. Unfortunately I am unable to find a working free
zimbra instance to produce a test case with.

Quickly tapping the XO figure in the middle of the activity ring and
then on the white space next to it and then back on the XO figure
eventually caused the touch screen to stop working and also the mouse
pointer to never re-appear. The keyboard still works and it seems
everything else still works, but mouse/touchscreen interaction was
impossible. There was nothing interesting in the logs. I am also able to
reproduce http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2184 without breaking
everything using this method.

We had physics exhaust all the memory in the system on XO-1.75. The
system became laggy and started reading a lot from the disk and
eventually the OOM killer killed physics. Creating a scene with an
unclosed freehand object spinning with a motor seems to trigger this
memory leak, it seems to leak more than 1MB or so per minute with this
scene. Physics seems to pause when it is not the visible activity and
the memory leaking stops too. This happened on both XO-1.75 and XO-4.
Raised http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/4455

Write works well, but inserting an image is strange. On one laptop the
insert image window appeared behind write, giving the impression that
the clicking on the button does nothing. We opened log and during that
process the missing insert image screens appeared. This only happened
once but during this event we opened many instances of the insert image
window with them all appearing behind Write. It took quite some time to
close them all.

Distance doesn’t work, this activity should be removed if it cannot be
fixed. This was previously reported more than a year ago in
http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/11596

Scratch works, and loud? sensor works too! Yay. Is there a way to access
the built in accelerometer and light sensor? The Sensor block appears to
only work with external hardware.

There are no references on the Science page in WikipediaEN (there are
lots on the real wikipedia). There is a heading for references but no
references under it. Interestingly there are references on the Money page.

Measure starts with too much gain on XO-1.75, but has good gain on XO-4.
The trigger works, but occurs at a multiple of the actual trigger value.
We reported this a long time ago, but I can’t find a ticket. Will raise
one next time if I don’t find it before then.

A two year old is reliably able to break things by pressing the rotate
button. He lost the moon (the rest of Moon’s display was still there)
and he caused issues for TamTamMini.

Read & Get Books works.

Calculate activity works.

Tab tested on XO-1.75 memorize, measure (basic), maze, implode, tamtam
mini, help (still no keybd shortcut image), ruler, clock, record, moon,
stopwatch, simplegraph (also know as chart - can we  pick one name?),
portfolio, labyrinth.

paint greyscale button doesnt work on this laptop but does on another,
both laptops have log file incorrectly(?) named “oficina” not “paint”.

power-logs.tar.bz2 (24K) Download Attachment

Re: Auckland Testing Summary 2 March 2013

Daniel Drake-5
On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 2:23 AM, Tom Parker <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Auckland Testing Summary 2 March 2013
> Who: John, Hans, Oliver, Tabitha, Tom

Thanks! We had been missing these reports.

> In Physics on XO-1.75 the top couple of cm of the screen is white. The exact
> line where this happens moves around. This has been reported before. This
> doesn’t happen in the same way on the XO-4, with a complicated enough
> display, the whole screen flickers every few seconds. The more complicated
> the display the worse it gets, to the point where it becomes unusable (3/4
> of the screen is permanently white with only a few objects on the screen).
> Also the mouse pointer is very badly corrupted. This looks like
> http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/11922

I can't reproduce this here after a quick test. However, build 34
should fix the cursor corruption issue, which might have been linked
to the other issues you were seeing.

> Write works well, but inserting an image is strange. On one laptop the
> insert image window appeared behind write, giving the impression that the
> clicking on the button does nothing. We opened log and during that process
> the missing insert image screens appeared. This only happened once but
> during this event we opened many instances of the insert image window with
> them all appearing behind Write. It took quite some time to close them all.

CC'd Gonzalo to make him aware of this issue.

You are probably seeing http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/12542

> Tab tested on XO-1.75 memorize, measure (basic), maze, implode, tamtam mini,
> help (still no keybd shortcut image), ruler, clock, record, moon, stopwatch,
> simplegraph (also know as chart - can we  pick one name?), portfolio,
> labyrinth.

Chart is the correct name. Where do you see it as SimpleGraph?

Thanks
Daniel

Re: Auckland Testing Summary 2 March 2013

Gonzalo Odiard-3

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 3:04 PM, Daniel Drake <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 2:23 AM, Tom Parker <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Auckland Testing Summary 2 March 2013
> Who: John, Hans, Oliver, Tabitha, Tom

Thanks! We had been missing these reports.

+1!

> Write works well, but inserting an image is strange. On one laptop the
> insert image window appeared behind write, giving the impression that the
> clicking on the button does nothing. We opened log and during that process
> the missing insert image screens appeared. This only happened once but
> during this event we opened many instances of the insert image window with
> them all appearing behind Write. It took quite some time to close them all.

CC'd Gonzalo to make him aware of this issue.

I couldn't reproduce it yet.

> Tab tested on XO-1.75 memorize, measure (basic), maze, implode, tamtam mini,
> help (still no keybd shortcut image), ruler, clock, record, moon, stopwatch,
> simplegraph (also know as chart - can we  pick one name?), portfolio,
> labyrinth.

Chart is the correct name. Where do you see it as SimpleGraph?

SimpleGraph is a old name of Chart. If you see it in some place tell us, should be replaced.

Gonzalo

On 05/03/13 07:28, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:

>      > Write works well, but inserting an image is strange. On one
>     laptop the
>      > insert image window appeared behind write, giving the impression
>     that the
>      > clicking on the button does nothing. We opened log and during
>
>     CC'd Gonzalo to make him aware of this issue.
>

> I couldn't reproduce it yet.

I've only ever seen this once. I have seen similar wifi password window
appear behind the neighbourhood display on quite a few occasions, I'm
not sure if that is the same bug or a different one.

On 05/03/13 07:04, Daniel Drake wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 2:23 AM, Tom Parker <[hidden email]> wrote:
 >

>> In Physics on XO-1.75 the top couple of cm of the screen is white. The exact
>> line where this happens moves around. This has been reported before. This
>> doesn’t happen in the same way on the XO-4, with a complicated enough
>> display, the whole screen flickers every few seconds. The more complicated
>> the display the worse it gets, to the point where it becomes unusable (3/4
>> of the screen is permanently white with only a few objects on the screen).
>> Also the mouse pointer is very badly corrupted. This looks like
>> http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/11922
>
> I can't reproduce this here after a quick test. However, build 34
> should fix the cursor corruption issue, which might have been linked
> to the other issues you were seeing.

I can't reproduce it on XO-4 on build 34 either.

> Chart is the correct name. Where do you see it as SimpleGraph?

Apparently this was noticed in the name of the log.