We went conservative this release. Emphasis on stability meant less time for new features.
* XSCE now runs on the XO-1.5,XO-1.75 and XO-4.
* Modular Architecture: cleanly integrate extendable services.
* XSCE runs on the XOs' current OS 13.1.0 (we discovered some wrinkles with 13.2.0 which push its use off to the next release)
* Moodle is Back!
* Content filtering via openDNS.com
* Script for formatting of SD cards, and integration into system for content storage and memory extending swap file (does not work on XO4's)
Grab an XO-1.5, XO-1.75 or a XO-4 to give XSCE 0.3 give a whirl:
If you are just getting started with XSCE we suggest using the instruction at http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Holt/XS_Community_Edition/0.3/Installing to install your first server.
Once you are through the install, a good second step is to work your new server though it’s paces by doing the smoke test at http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Holt/XS_Community_Edition/0.3/Testing
Monster thanks to everyone who spent months of springtime work -- traveling days from quite different parts of North America to make this community product real.