13.1.0 build 29 for XO-4 released

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

13.1.0 build 29 for XO-4 released

Daniel Drake-5
Hi,

Another XO-4 only build for 13.1.0:
http://download.laptop.org/xo-4/os/candidate/13.1.0-29/

Changes are:
 - Improved power saving in graphics and other areas
 - Latest wake-on-WLAN developments
 - A potential fix for loss of mouse on boot (#12101)
 - Latest EC code
 - Wikipedia works when offline (#12479)

Thanks
Daniel
_______________________________________________
Devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.laptop.org/listinfo/devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 13.1.0 build 29 for XO-4 released

Simon Schampijer-2
On 02/11/2013 08:59 PM, Daniel Drake wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Another XO-4 only build for 13.1.0:
> http://download.laptop.org/xo-4/os/candidate/13.1.0-29/
>
> Changes are:
>   - Improved power saving in graphics and other areas
>   - Latest wake-on-WLAN developments
>   - A potential fix for loss of mouse on boot (#12101)
>   - Latest EC code
>   - Wikipedia works when offline (#12479)
>
> Thanks
> Daniel

The most obvious issue I saw after booting the machine was that the
Sugar cursor was corrupted. At the left side there was some artifact.
After reboot the cursor was fine. A known issue?

Cheers,
    Simon

_______________________________________________
Devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.laptop.org/listinfo/devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 13.1.0 build 29 for XO-4 released

Walter Bender-4
On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 8:41 AM, Simon Schampijer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 02/11/2013 08:59 PM, Daniel Drake wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Another XO-4 only build for 13.1.0:
>> http://download.laptop.org/xo-4/os/candidate/13.1.0-29/
>>
>> Changes are:
>>   - Improved power saving in graphics and other areas
>>   - Latest wake-on-WLAN developments
>>   - A potential fix for loss of mouse on boot (#12101)
>>   - Latest EC code
>>   - Wikipedia works when offline (#12479)
>>
>> Thanks
>> Daniel
>
>
> The most obvious issue I saw after booting the machine was that the Sugar
> cursor was corrupted. At the left side there was some artifact. After reboot
> the cursor was fine. A known issue?

FWIW, I saw that on os28 as well.

-walter

> Cheers,
>    Simon
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.laptop.org/listinfo/devel



--
Walter Bender
Sugar Labs
http://www.sugarlabs.org
_______________________________________________
Devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.laptop.org/listinfo/devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 13.1.0 build 29 for XO-4 released

Jon Nettleton


On Feb 12, 2013 2:43 PM, "Walter Bender" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 8:41 AM, Simon Schampijer <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On 02/11/2013 08:59 PM, Daniel Drake wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Another XO-4 only build for 13.1.0:
> >> http://download.laptop.org/xo-4/os/candidate/13.1.0-29/
> >>
> >> Changes are:
> >>   - Improved power saving in graphics and other areas
> >>   - Latest wake-on-WLAN developments
> >>   - A potential fix for loss of mouse on boot (#12101)
> >>   - Latest EC code
> >>   - Wikipedia works when offline (#12479)
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Daniel
> >
> >
> > The most obvious issue I saw after booting the machine was that the Sugar
> > cursor was corrupted. At the left side there was some artifact. After reboot
> > the cursor was fine. A known issue?
>
> FWIW, I saw that on os28 as well.
>
>
This is a known issue. Next release will have a better fix.

-Jon


_______________________________________________
Devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.laptop.org/listinfo/devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 13.1.0 build 29 for XO-4 released

Gary Martin-2
Hi John,

On 12 Feb 2013, at 13:58, Jon Nettleton <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> On Feb 12, 2013 2:43 PM, "Walter Bender" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 8:41 AM, Simon Schampijer <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > On 02/11/2013 08:59 PM, Daniel Drake wrote:
> > >>
> > >> Hi,
> > >>
> > >> Another XO-4 only build for 13.1.0:
> > >> http://download.laptop.org/xo-4/os/candidate/13.1.0-29/
> > >>
> > >> Changes are:
> > >>   - Improved power saving in graphics and other areas
> > >>   - Latest wake-on-WLAN developments
> > >>   - A potential fix for loss of mouse on boot (#12101)
> > >>   - Latest EC code
> > >>   - Wikipedia works when offline (#12479)
> > >>
> > >> Thanks
> > >> Daniel
> > >
> > >
> > > The most obvious issue I saw after booting the machine was that the Sugar
> > > cursor was corrupted. At the left side there was some artifact. After reboot
> > > the cursor was fine. A known issue?
> >
> > FWIW, I saw that on os28 as well.
> >
> >
> This is a known issue. Next release will have a better fix.

Does this fix also resolve the small random graphic corruptions to the first boot welcome content?

Regards,
--Gary

>
> -Jon
>
> _______________________________________________
> Devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.laptop.org/listinfo/devel

_______________________________________________
Devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.laptop.org/listinfo/devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 13.1.0 build 29 for XO-4 released

Martin Langhoff
On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 1:33 PM, Gary Martin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> This is a known issue. Next release will have a better fix.
>
> Does this fix also resolve the small random graphic corruptions to the first boot welcome content?

AIUI, Jon is working on sorting all the corruption fixes he can, so
the answer should be yes, but the work isn't finished yet... :-)

cheers,


m
--
 [hidden email]
 [hidden email] -- Software Architect - OLPC
 - ask interesting questions
 - don't get distracted with shiny stuff  - working code first
 - http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Martinlanghoff
_______________________________________________
Devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.laptop.org/listinfo/devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 13.1.0 build 29 for XO-4 released

Jon Nettleton
On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 7:42 PM, Martin Langhoff
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 1:33 PM, Gary Martin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> This is a known issue. Next release will have a better fix.
>>
>> Does this fix also resolve the small random graphic corruptions to the first boot welcome content?
>
> AIUI, Jon is working on sorting all the corruption fixes he can, so
> the answer should be yes, but the work isn't finished yet... :-)
>

Yep known about and working on it.  Will have them fixed for the next build.
_______________________________________________
Devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.laptop.org/listinfo/devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 13.1.0 build 29 for XO-4 released

Samuel Greenfeld
The os29 build has a few known issues related to suspend & resume, such as a failure to wake up if you catch the system just as it is trying to suspend (#12541).

If you have problems with a XO-4 repetitively hanging while you are trying to use it and you do not want to test wakeups, try disabling "Automatic power management" in Sugar's control panel until the next build is made.


On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 1:59 PM, Jon Nettleton <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 7:42 PM, Martin Langhoff
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 1:33 PM, Gary Martin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> This is a known issue. Next release will have a better fix.
>>
>> Does this fix also resolve the small random graphic corruptions to the first boot welcome content?
>
> AIUI, Jon is working on sorting all the corruption fixes he can, so
> the answer should be yes, but the work isn't finished yet... :-)
>

Yep known about and working on it.  Will have them fixed for the next build.
_______________________________________________
Devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.laptop.org/listinfo/devel


_______________________________________________
Devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.laptop.org/listinfo/devel